Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chill Bill

Options
  • 26-11-2004 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

You coulda knocked me over with a feather when I heard that Bill Murphy was at a jolly in London recently to collect a World Communications award.......Best National Carrier no less.

Bill was well chuffed as you can see ! You'll see why in a second but he does turn out well , nice one Bill.

DSCF0188.jpg

In order to win the award, ESAT first of all had to nominate Themselves , the rules are Here (bottom) .

They then had to show at least a general compliance with the following judging criteria in order to have any chance. I feel that I must get that feather over here beside the computer before I paste the criteria in (my Italics !
    Criteria
    For the national categories, carriers should fulfil key criteria as follows:

Demonstrate a focused strategy as a communications provider within the country concerned;
    Provide a high quality of service to their customer base;
    Address the particular demands of customers within the specified country;
    Provide evidence of growth, performance and current or projected profitability in the specified country;
    Demonstrate the capability to manage change and increased competition;
    Make appropriate technology choices for their designated area of operations.

I think I'll challenge that feather to a death match ....oooooopss THUMP !

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Well done ESAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

must have either been presented with a bad list of options if EsatBT came out on top, or they didn't bother to check any of the 'facts' which Esat would have included in their application.

A quick perusal of either this board, or the Broadband board would have led to a different conclusion on Esat's performance.

M.

Advertisement