Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda recruiting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Horeb

Just applied :-)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Damn, another competitor :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

I applied last week,so thats another 1 :)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That starting salary aint bad. Particularly if you're fresh-faced kid just finished the leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I see An Cops are getting more stringent about their selection criteria:

Candidates must:-

Be at least 18 and under 35 years of age on the 1st day of November 2004 i.e. must have been born between 2nd November 1969 and 1st November 1986, both dates inclusive;

Have obtained a grade not lower than F at Ordinary Level in at least one subject in the Established Leaving Certificate

Have an innate distrust/dislike of persons of an urban background, especially of Dublin.

Have an interest in acquiring a taxi plate to make a few bob on the side.

Have hands like shovels, a red face and an ungainly gait.

Have a finely developed inferiority complex that can be assuaged by resort to threatening cyclists, pedestrians, youths, pensioners and other low-threat persons with immediate imprisonment unless sufficient grovelling is delivered.

Hold a current reference from their local GAA representative, Parish Priest, FF Counsellor or other person of good standing in a 1930s definition of the term.

Funny Guy :D

but alas some of it is true.

I want to be a nasty trafffic cop and pull all boy racers and Merc/Beamer drivers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Indeed lets all join the Garda where you can beat the crap out of innocent people with your truncheons in Dublin city centre,maybe you might get a promotion to the drug squad where you can rid this countries streets of dangerous narcotics,keep them yourself on the sly,and have yourself a tidy little earner on the sly,or how about the vice unit,where a "blind eye" is turned to "working girls" in exchange for a bit of old you know what,the choice can be yours in this exciting career....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe the Gardai marketing department could use Garda Donal Corcoran who was infamously involved and subsequently cleared (backhander anyone :rolleyes: ) of lashing a couple of D4 tree hugger types with his truncheon in Dame St last year,can you picture it..Join the Garda Siochaina and get to see lots of action as good old Donal waves his truncheon light it was a lighhtsaber from Star Wars,Irelands fuirst robocop Donal Corcoran........... :rolleyes: :D

Johnny as before if you have a problem with the security forces open a different thread, it is not welcome.

And as for your comments, if you have a problem with a few people in one organisation and judge all in it you are a very biased and sad person.

in a nutshell cop on! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Johnny as before if you have a problem with the security forces open a different thread, it is not welcome.

And as for your comments, if you have a problem with a few people in one organisation and judge all in it you are a very biased and sad person.

Here, here!!

And good luck Horeb-Security and all the others in their applications.

Oh come now my Israeli supporting friend cant you take a joke? :rolleyes: sure we all know the Gardai are whiter than white,no scandal in the Garda Siochana just honest hardworking family men and women who help old ladys across the road and are always willing to give the benefit of the doubt..oh be the hokey sure arent they great altogether........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Jonny, since the Garda in question was subsequently cleared, that makes him innocent, so I'd be careful with liberal splashing of names, or any allegations you'd like to make.

Oh, and please don't feed the trolls.

seamus wrote:
    Jonny, since the Garda in question was subsequently cleared, that makes him innocent, so I'd be careful with liberal splashing of names, or any allegations you'd like to make.

Oh, and please don't feed the trolls.

Ah sure im only codding ya son, we all know aul Donal is innocent,sure that wasnt really him on Dame St last year lashing out at the tree hugger types with posh accents,it was someone who looked like him be jaysus twas terrible what poor aul Donal had to go through... :rolleyes:

jonny68 wrote:
    Ah sure im only codding ya son, we all know aul Donal is innocent,sure that wasnt really him on Dame St last year lashing out at the tree hugger types with posh accents,it was someone who looked like him be jaysus twas terrible what poor aul Donal had to go through... :rolleyes:
    That's not the point.

WWM you might want to do a quick trim here I guess.

rebel72 wrote:
    Here, here!!

And good luck Horeb-Security and all the others in their applications.

cheers Rebel72

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well....

hes got a point :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I just applied last friday! Yipppeeeee :) I always wanted to be a Detective, it was my dream! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

jonny68 wrote:

I thought that the court case wasn't about whether he bashed the guy, but what his motivation for doing it was. He admitted to swinging his baton and hitting a protestor, but he pleaded self defence.

he pleaded self defence

He was in danger of being infected by their dirty, liberal, city ways.

• Advertisement

This is not a discussion about what certian Members of the Garda done and secondly the scum that got bashed deserved to get more, if it was the army a few of them would be dead but unfortunately we dont live in such a society.

They are well healed pups, that need to wash and have a good kicking of sense into them.

Now enough

This is not a discussion about what certian Members of the Garda done and secondly the scum that got bashed deserved to get more, if it was the army a few of them would be dead but unfortunately we dont live in such a society.

They are well healed pups, that need to wash and have a good kicking of sense into them.

I think you have a long and succesful career in the fuzz ahead of you.

Move along, there's nothing to see here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Palmerstown04

stinkin copper scumbags - rigomoritis corruptus - and Horeb you sound like someone dressed in a velour nightie singing ymca in an unbroken voice to urself

Donegal -- scumbag coppers fk over decent member of community

(fk u and ur not naming the bent bastid coppers that roam our streets believeing they are invincivble and that they can enact any muse that pops into their lower standard of education intellects.

Waterford - ascribes crimes to lads that were already locked up and then when caught out blamed the switch over to the new system. Wnakers. To raise their internal nausiating copper stats.

fkin scumbags the vast majority of them.

Why thank you :D

and Horeb if u think u can solicit rep of me think again son --

spotuing that kind of right fascist wankerous ****e

some more of these may day bastids were up and schemed off - anyone watch the evidence of RTE - and still schemed out of it

Power shut up or I will bash you again :eek:

sori horeb - didnt read the pm right - wasnt u it was stations

• Advertisement

pipe down children.

Sorry Dad :p

palmerstown04 banned from work.

I applied two weeks ago on www.publicjobs.ie but i haven't received anything in the post yet??
    Has any one else received there application forms yet??
    I am going get an application form tomorrow in abbey street to be sure.

Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭strangeloop

Just out of interest, is there any point in applying if I wear glasses. Years ago they used to be fairly strict on good eyesight, is this still the case?
    Thanks

Just out of interest, is there any point in applying if I wear glasses. Years ago they used to be fairly strict on good eyesight, is this still the case?
    Thanks
    No.
    Your eyesight won't/can't exclude you from becoming a Garda. They're no longer allowed discriminate on this basis.

{edit:
    Actually, that's not entirely true:
    Defective Vision (the vision standard required of a Garda Trainee is not less than 6/9, 6/12 unaided by glasses or contact lenses, with normal colour vision)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Always in black

the gardai may be taking a stand at the FAS Opportunities Exhibition in Croke Park in January. pm for further details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Theyre are training days coming up in Killarney over the next few weeks. This saturday is booked out and i'm not too sure about next weekend. It is €140 for the day though, from 10am - 5pm. :)

I'm going to the one day course in wynns hotel next sunday(19th)
    Is anyone else attending?

Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Those courses are a complete waste of time and money. Just show up on the day and good luck with it.

Cheers James!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement