Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'X Factor' confirmed for second series

• 27-11-2004 2:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

ITV has given the go-ahead to a second series of Simon Cowell's reality show The X Factor.

The news, which comes two weeks ahead of the series one finale, throws into doubt the future of ITV's other music talent search. Pop Idol had originally been pencilled in for a third series next autumn but could now be put back until 2006.

"Working on The X Factor has been a blast," said Cowell today. "I think the production team have done an amazing job but knowing what we have in mind I predict series two will be even better."

Even though the show has been beaten by the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing in the ratings, The X Factor has pulled in a huge share of 16 to 34-year-olds, a favourable demographic for advertisers.

Claudia Rosencrantz, Controller of Entertainment at ITV, explained: "I had no hesitation in re-commissioning X-Factor - its been a big hit for ITV and has become must watch TV. There's much more to come this series as we build towards the final next month and its great to have secured this terrific format for our viewers for another series."

Despite the recommission, an ITV spokeswoman said that it was too early to say whether all three judges would be returning or when exactly it would be scheduled.

"The current series is not over yet by a long shot and there are plenty of twists and turns to come," said the spokeswoman. "People are not going to realistically make decisions about what they're going to do until after it's all over."
    article from Digital spy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Don't like the show myself and feesl its more like karaoke that the previous shows. I don't care what anyone says Tabby can't see looks like shiit and will probadly win. I preferd POP Idol.

Advertisement