Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faithless playing in Ireland?

• 27-11-2004 2:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

anyone know if faithless are coming over to Ireland anytime soon?
    just saw them on ch4 tonite,brought back memories of oxegen :)
    checked their site and there was nothing for ireland there...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I remember Creamfields, back in 2002 i think and he said on stage "This is our last live show". Now maybe I missed what he fully said but that wasnt their last show, anyone else hear that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye, they were one of the major highlights of creamfields 2002.
    haven't heard anything about them coming back to ireland though... they seem to be a permanent fixture in whatever summer festival we have, so you'll most likely have to wait for oxegen 2005.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Dempsey wrote:
    I remember Creamfields, back in 2002 i think and he said on stage "This is our last live show". Now maybe I missed what he fully said but that wasnt their last show, anyone else hear that?

mustve been hearing things chief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Dempsey wrote:
    No that was just there last live performance anywhere until they did their new album (which has since released).
    Storming show that night. Shame I had to miss half of Sasha's set to see it.
    Anyway, WTF ever happened to the dance festivals in this bloody country? I think I'll make a separate thread about that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Dempsey wrote:

yes i heard it to i was there,they said it was there last show of the year and the last of the tour they were on

• Advertisement

Thanks, I was wondering about that for a while :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Wertz wrote:
    WTF ever happened to the dance festivals in this bloody country? I think I'll make a separate thread about that...

They were crap and full of knackers and children. Also overpriced. I've had more fun in a warehouse in London for free than I ever had at any Creamfields.

ah now

homelands was fantastic in fairness

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

In a way I am kinda glad there does be **** all fests on in Ireland.
    Yea can't hear muppet blabbing on about how mad out of it they're gona get or got at them.
    I don't mind the travalin in a plane over to uk or brussels to have a much beter laugh and longer times for events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I remember that Faithless gig back at Witness. Twas class - they are one of my favourite bands/groups/artists. Heres hoping they come back soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Helix wrote:
    ah now

homelands was fantastic in fairness
    I'll quote that for emphasis. Creamfields did have a tendency toward the younger crowd compared to Homelands.
    Regardless I enjoyed both. Going over seas is great but we have so much talent here now (right?) and all the EU culture crap etc.; why is there not a single dedicated dance festival since 2-3 years back? There's plenty eleswhere so you can be sure they're economically lucrative.
    Outdoor was always a different vibe than clubs (which have a lot more "knackers and children"! these days IMO) and it worked. Sure we have Wittness. I've not made it to those; they have a dance stage but that's it.

Overpriced? Sure, but then what isn't in this country apart from drugs...?

dance festival in fairyhouse in 05

you heard it here first

Helix wrote:
    dance festival in fairyhouse in 05

you heard it here first

How do you know and do ya have more information on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

aww man,i loved the fairyhouse for the witness gigs,i cant belive they moved it.
    dancefest next year eh?sweet.

FAITHLESS - One of the UK's premier dance acts return next April with a seven-date tour across the UK. Mannchester M.E.N. Arena (Apr 22), Doncaster Dome (23), Newcastle Metroradio Arena (24) and Birmingham NIA (26), Plymouth Pavillions (28), London Alexandra Palace (29/30) - the Sat Apr 30 gig has a late licence until 2am.

Oh yeah!! No Ireland date yet tho'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

better play ireland
    *walks off mumbling*

Advertisement