Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hurling All Stars 2004

• 27-11-2004 9:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

Damien Fitzhenry - Wexford
    Wayne Sherlock - Cork
    Diarmuid O'Sullivan - Cork
    Tommy Walsh - Kilkenny
    JJ Delaney - Kilkenny
    Ronan Curran - Cork
    Sean Og O'Halpin - Cork
    Ken McGrath - Waterford
    Jerry O'Connor - Cork
    Dan Shanahan - Waterford
    Niall McCarthy - Cork
    Henry Sheflin - Kilkenny
    Eoin Kelly - Tipperary
    Brian Corcoran - Cork
    Paul Flynn - Waterford

Very disappointing for Derek Lyng after a great year. However sad the way a great display finished up for Ken Mcgrath in Thurles Sunday so best of luck to him.
    Anyway 3 is not too bad & in JJ & Henry we have the 2 best hurlers in the country regardless of awards.
    Tommy is a star also. All 3 should be back on the podium again this time next year also.
    BTW Paul Flynn & big Dan were well merited in 2004 also.
    Eoin Kelly & Fitzhenry were shoe ins & Cork were bound to get several.
    Overall a good selection except for Lyng & yes Tommy should have been young hurler of the year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭DUB

Damien Fitzhenry was a shoe in alright he was, congratulations to Sean Óg for hurler of the year. Ben O'Connor could be a little disappointed as well, but i suppose theres not much in it, a little surprised that corcoran got selected, he got better with every game but but i cant help thinkin the all star is more about him comig out of retirement then his overall infulence during the championship. Having said that to come back after 2 years is some achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

Corcoran was a shoe-in after that point he scored off his knees against limerick in the munster championship. Pure class. Bit surprised at the selection Brian Murphy as young hurler of the year. Even though i'm a Corkman and it hurts me to say this, that award should have gone to tommy walsh, he had a great year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭DUB

true, that point was something else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I thought they were pretty fair for once, didn't think Lyng deserved one over the two that were picked.

Advertisement