Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats wrong with RTE

• 27-11-2004 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭

is there somthing wrong with RTE 1 and RTE 2 i have no picture on any tv in the whole house
    im watching through areial

ive been ringing the neighbours nobody has the rte channels

i need some help here i dont want to miss the man utd match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

cough"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I think this should be called... Whats Right With RTE

RTE & RTE2 = CRAP

Dr. Phil wrote:
    I think this should be called... Whats Right With RTE

RTE & RTE2 = CRAP

i know that but i want to know whats wrong with rte is there a major fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

snoopdog wrote:
    i know that but i want to know whats wrong with rte is there a major fault

If there was everybody would have the same problem

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Colm80

No problem here working fine both on NTL & SKY

• Advertisement

but there must be somthing wrong on areial of rte because sky digital rte is still there

its back on

RTÉ's mount Leinster transmitter was off air this morning.
    I presume that was your problem and you must live somewhere in the south east.

I tuned in Kippure so I could watch the little house on the (dammittt I can never remember how to spell prararie right...) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Need to HiJack the thread with another related issue - title is perfect.

My RTE 1 & 2 on Sky have very poor quality. Thge picture breaks up a lot, plenty of blocking and frame freezing. Sound is breaking up also.

This has been going on for several months but seems to be getting worse.

It's an RTE only probelm, does not affect any of the other channels we watch regularly (Sky, BBC, Style etc.), Signal strength bar is almost full.

Anyone else experiencing this?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

meep wrote:
    Anyone else experiencing this?

No.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

meep wrote:
    My RTE 1 & 2 on Sky have very poor quality. Thge picture breaks up a lot, plenty of blocking and frame freezing. Sound is breaking up also.

This has been going on for several months but seems to be getting worse.

It's an RTE only probelm, does not affect any of the other channels we watch regularly (Sky, BBC, Style etc.), Signal strength bar is almost full.

The signal strength bar only relates to the default transponder where the Sky EPG data is stored. Your dish may be out of alignment slightly which is affecting your RTE reception, but not channels on other frequencies.

Are TV3 and TG4 the same? Also, what is your reception like on TVE and DW-TV (Spanish and German channels on 834 and 835 - I think)? These channels are also on the RTE transponder.

PS. Earthman - it's 'prairie' :D

Advertisement