Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are you 3 favourate gadgets?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

(1) Tivo - Fully hacked with 120GB HD and Network Card

(2) XBox - Modded to the extreme also

(3) MAME Arcade machine

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Jefferson Darcy

bedlam wrote:
    Hmm trying it down to 3 is tough. I think I'd go with:

+ Clie UX-50 - organizes my life and lets me control my powerbook via bluetooth

Hmmm, interesting, I didn't realise any of the Sony products had Mac compatibility. I always lusted over that black PDA they have with the full qwerty board and built-in camera but didn't think it would work with my computer.

Anyway, my two faves:

- TiBook G4

Very expensive at the time (an equivalent G4 Powerbook is now half the price and has more features) but worth every cent. Its a design classic and has never let me down. I run 6 or 7 different apps at once including at least 5 tabs in Camino and its never crashed. Perfect for photo editing, music, watching DVDs and building web sites.

- Canon EOS 20D

Superb camera for the money. Well built, fast and good ergonomics + superb picture quality and tones on stock parameters.

Honourable mentions:

20GB iPod 3G (RIP) - great sound quality if lacking in bass, beautiful design, great integration with iTunes but too fragile and entirely cr@p battery life. Lasted 10mths before a fatal blow to the screen sealed its fate.

Sony Z1 cellphone - had this back in the days of the Nokia 2110i. The Sony was rare, elegant and tiny in comparison to other phones at the time. Great piece of kit.

Sony MZ-N1 minidisc - using this in the gym now that the iPod is dead. Great piece of design and has a light magnesium body, pity the process of recording MDs is so clunky.

Leatherman Juice - bought as a gimmick thinking it would never be used but its been very handy.

Gameboy Advance - loses points as its successor fixed everything that was wrong and made this thing obsolete.

Canon S50 - a compact camera with a strong metal body and full manual controls. Produces amazing pictures if you use the creative modes and works well as a P&S for amateurs as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

1. My N-gage. Got a 256mb MMC card and it is currently holding about 10 hours music. Lovin it.

2. My Watch. Not really a gadget but it is a swatch skin. Love my watch.

3. Not really got a third one. Bah I will find one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

deadl0ck wrote:
    (3) MAME Arcade machine :D

Lucky SOB! :D;) 'wish I had the room... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I can highly recommend one - I also have it networked so I can play other people in SF2 across the Interweb...
    Great for a lads night with lots of beers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement