Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed

Options
  • 05-11-2005 5:35pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am looking for a bit of advice at the moment, I have recently bought a house in Tyrrelstown, Dublin 15 and ordered a phone line and DSL from eircom, having used there service in clondalkin and never once having a minutes problem with it. The problem over here and it is affecting the whole estate is that dsl is basically unuseable at the moment, currently I am d/l at 14kb/s and this is not as bad as it gets. It is not only my house that has the problem but all the DSL users and some of these are regular boards.ie users.

Having rung DSL support they say nothing is wrong and keep going on about spyware which of course there is none. I am at the stage were I want to esculate the problem to phil nolan does anybody have his details or other advice.

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Have you spoken to a supervisor at Eircom customer support yet?
    What are your traceroutes like to Irish/English servers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Spyware, what a poxy excuse. Can they not monitor your connection and see if there's any traffic? Even clowns like IBB can do this.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I spoke to customer support and no help at all, if i do a tracert the problem is at eircoms end.

Come on people somebody must have an idea for me to get this sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

What sort of problem? Is it definately not contention? Have you asked to escalate the problem to a supervisor when on the phone?

not asked for a supervisor yet but they have stated that it is not contention

Check out http://www.mytyrrelstown.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2112&st=0

for full info

• Advertisement

TCP/IP wrote:
    not asked for a supervisor yet but they have stated that it is not contention
    Not good. All I can suggest is to revive the attempts to gather a list of affected users/phone number, and have everyone escalate the problem with their provider.

Phil Nolan's email address can be Googled.

If it were me, I'd try and gather 1 or 2 other phone numbers, and ring and say that you're not happy it's taking so long. If he/she claims it's a non issue, explain that you believe otherwise (and give the numbers), and that you'd like to speak to a supervisor. Try and be polite, which will be very hard, given the circumstances.

It still looks a lot like contention to me (the 1/2st 2nd hop outside CPE being the cause, evening time, multiple provider).. but what can you do if they say it's not.

.cg

So what do they say the problem is? It's clearly in their network.

they just say problem is at my end and I am not been raciast but half the time i get somebody foreign and it is so hard to understand them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

how foreign , last I heard they only outsourced to Tallaght !

maybe it is just the night shift but that is when i am home from work and get time to call i have fired off a mail to Phil Nolan anyway so I will see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Phone them and bull****
    - Your using modem/router with latest drivers etc
    - filters have been replaced
    - no longer then 10m away from main phone point
    - system has been formatted, patched and has full antivirus

Tell then you want a fault ticket open for the problem on your line/area, if they refuse look for a team leader and/or supervisor

And you took your laptop to a friend's house with Eircom ADSL and it works fine there.

yep connection is fine in mates houses but the whole of tyrrelstown no matter what provider you use is having majoe problems with pings and d/l speeds

Any luck with Phil's mail, getting other numbers to quote to support staff, or escalating the matter within the support call centre?

seems that they are now admitting there is a problem in Tyrrelstown and are working on it, will keep everybody updated.

Advertisement