Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 dogs need homes

Options
  • 05-11-2005 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi All,

Due to a recent development of a long term illness I am unable to keep my two dogs. They are small black lab cross bitches and are 2 1/2 yrs old. They are friendly, full of fun, neutered and vaccinated and well-trained. I am desperately trying to find homes for them and have been unsucessful so far. None of the sanctuaries seem to have places for them and at this stage I am getting desperate. They are beginning to suffer from lack of exercise as I am unable to walk them.

Can anyone take them? They can go either separately or together as long as it is to a good home.

Or if anyone has any ideas as to what I can do I would be very grateful.

cheers
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Have you tried posting them on PetsIreland or IrishAnimals?

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com

http://www.irishanimals.com

One thing to remember is that although a rescue might not be able to take your dogs right now they may be able to offer help & advice on how you can rehome your own dogs while waiting for a space to come up in the rescue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pretizzio

Thanks,
    I have already done this with no sucess, unfortunately. I have also gone through the small ad papers and left notices everywhere I can think of. Still no luck. Running out of time as well and the dogs are starting to suffer from lack of exercise - they're bored, poor wee things.

Anybody here want a new dog?

pretizzio wrote:
    Thanks,
    I have already done this with no sucess, unfortunately.

Your post on PI's is 17 minutes old - you'll need to give it more time than that :)

Can you add some pictures of these girls? Where abouts in the country are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

This may or may not be an option in the short term while waiting for a home, but is it possible a neighbour of friend could offer to walk them for you or if you could pay a dog walker in your area or a resposible teenager?
    It's hard rehoming dogs esp. at this time of year. Leave your name and number with your local rescues just in case they find a slot or in case they know of someone looking for the types of dogs you have. Sorry this is not more help but fingers crossed you get sorted, it can't be easy for you.

Guineapigrescue] They are still getting walked by a friend of mine but just not as much as they used to.

I am living in northern ireland at the moment but frequently travel to dublin and i wouldn't have a problem arranging for people to see the dogs.

If anyone is interested plaese let me know here and i can make arrangements for you to meet the girls asap. thanks

• Advertisement

If you're in the North you might want to try Dogpages too:

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?

i can't seem to get the photo up but i can email to anyone who is interested. Come on folks pleeeeease. Have been phoning sanctuaries everywhere - they are all full. My lovely girlies need a new home asap.

Got it! had to cut it down to size. Well here are the lovely ladies. Hopefully you or someone you know could help find them a home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

do they get on with other dogs apart from each other?

do they get on with other dogs apart from each other?

yes they are good with other dogs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement