Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benoit on his way to TNA?

• 05-11-2005 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Here is some very interesting news from Dave Scherer over at PWInsider:

Chris Benoit: We have gotten emails today asking us about rumors that Chris Benoit's contract will expire this month and that he has been lowballed by WWE (much the same way Christian and the Dudleys were). All I can tell you is we have heard the rumors too. Beyond that, we don't know any more than that but as is the case with Christian, if Benoit is free and clear, TNA has an offer ready and waiting to go. While it seems insane that WWE could drop Jim Ross, Christian and Chris Benoit into TNA's laps at the most advantageous of times, it appears that is exactly the case right now.

Benoit to TNA? If the WWE allow (in my opinion) their greatest wrestler to leave the company then they are a bunch of inept, incompetent morons!

This is one story to keep an eye on!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Beh, non story here imo.

Even if WWE have 'lowballed' Benoit, why would he leave to go to TNA or ROH, where the contract he would be offered would be significantly lower than WWEs poor offer?

Makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

He'd only have to work a quarter of the dates that he works in WWE as TNA doesn't really do house shows, he wouldd'nt have the hectic travel schedule and he would be able to work in Japan and could make big bucks there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I don't know.

Benoit could go back to Japan anytime he wants. Him, Saturn, Eddie and Malenko are Gods of the business there, have no fear of that.

If WWE let Chris go, then Eddie would go too. Thats the way they have worked for the last 20 years and i can't see it changing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Apparently they've offered Benoit half of what he's earning currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

If benoit were to leave wwe, then tna should offer him as much as they can afford, Benoit is an established main eventer who could realisticly stroll into the nwa world championship. I'd imagine he'd bring a few fans over with him too, moreso than any of the former wwe wrestlers tna have already picked up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Dont kid yourselves, despite what TNA offer there is only one place that Benoit would go if WWE let him go - and that is back to Japan - he can make more then TNA could ever offer him, plus he wouldnt be working as many days as the WWE schedule requires.

If he doesnt end up in Japan, I would see him retiring - but going to TNA, I dont think so

Another important factor is Benoits family. He has stated many times that he put wrestling before them on many occasions, and that he is sorry for that and in will never happen again.

One thing i have learned about Benoit since I became a fan of his about 14 years ago is that he is a man of honour in a sport of thieves. If he said something he means it. I think after the WWE he may retire. He has made his money, and unlike some wrestlers has no desire to be on cribs. You know he has his savings salted away, and WWE will always keep him around to train people long after he has finished in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Dragan wrote:
    Another important factor is Benoits family. He has stated many times that he put wrestling before them on many occasions, and that he is sorry for that and in will never happen again.

One thing i have learned about Benoit since I became a fan of his about 14 years ago is that he is a man of honour in a sport of thieves. If he said something he means it. I think after the WWE he may retire. He has made his money, and unlike some wrestlers has no desire to be on cribs. You know he has his savings salted away, and WWE will always keep him around to train people long after he has finished in the ring.

I have to say, Dragan man, you make a lot of sense.

In spite of what folks here think, Benoit is actually quite an old man and sooner or later he has to think about not being in the ring as much. Certainly, he can do Japan but he has been there 1000 times before so all he has to go there for again is the money. And you can either wrestle soft for a few bucks, possibly forever, close to home as the US will be, or miss home and wrestle hard as he will have to in Japan but for big pay offs every now and then.

Vince was the man that really gave Benoit the stick to bite in the States and you can rest assured Benji will be an agent with WWE in the next 2-3 years the same way he has made a lot of really decent workers over the years.

Vince would be an idiot to let him walk, even if he does want to step away from he ring then keep him on as a trainer. How many other people have you seen get a STANDING OVATION from 40,000 people after he LOST a damn match.

No one.

Simply truth is that Chris is the best technical wrestler in there at the moment, I would even put him over Angel, Kurt can give a great match, but Benoit really brings it out of his opponents, and when you wrestle ( from personal experience ) half the game is giving your opponent his due.

As for the WWE as a whole, they should hire ME to do there storylines, watch them ratingas climb right back up again :D I WISH!!!

Advertisement