Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shut up you jerks, i know bikes are dangerous.

Options
  • 05-11-2005 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Its half the fun!

Everyone else has surely had grief off family over getting on a bike and the "OMG THEY'RE SO DANGEROUS", fair enough they're family and they're concerned, but why do random pricks you meet in shops take it upon themselves to lecture you on the dangers of motorbikes and how they had a friend who "got wunna dem and kilt himself offit"

fúck you people, i dont walk up to you and say "hey fatass, my uncle ate a cheeseburger and died of a heart attack" or "i saw a guy cross the road once nd he was knocked down by a car, roads are dangerous"

do they think i'm going to have an epiphany and thank them for saving me from certain doom?, all it really makes me want to do is burnouts on their front doorsteps

ergh, end of rant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

thanks for sharing :)

I don't have a problem with bikes > wouldn't get one myself tho; too much leather ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Bikes are not dangerous, its the sucide jockey on them that are.

Fellow biker , begrudgers are only jealous. They wish they had the guts to get on one.

Keep biking dude.

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

OP did nobody tell you - anybody who doesn't have an bike is an expert on bikes!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

And anybody who had bikes in the early 1950's is an expert on modern sports bikes.

The same thing, seriously gets to me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

People only seem to remember the bad stories abou tthe friend of a friend who got injured or worse.

They never remember all the other bikers they may have met that have been driving for years with no accidents.

You never here people say "A mate of mine drives a bike, been drivuing years without any problems"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭alanlouthzzr

We've all heard about the man who gave up fatty foods, cigs, drink and bikes - 5 years later he died of nothing!

We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Was in the UK for the weekend visiting the GF. They actually have road safety ads involving motorcycles over there. It's a very good (and visually disturbing) ad generally saying "Car drivers are ****, look out for yourself motorbikes".

Of course, the GF takes the opportunity to point and the TV and say "SEE?!". She does this a lot, and I get quite offended, as if I'm a moron who's not actually aware of these dangers and need them pointed out to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭lazylad

You gotta be more careful in a motorbike that's all I gotta say. I know people killed in motorcycle accidents and a mate of my father was in 2 accidents involving a motorbike.

First accident was almost fatal and the person who knocked him down drove off! Luckily they discovered the person who done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

kadman wrote:
    Bikes are not dangerous, its the sucide jockey on them that

Uh no,
    Its the idiots the government lets on these roads that dont watch where they are driving that are the dangerous people. Bikers know they are less visible than a car so not only are they watching out for themselves but they also have to judge the fact that they might not even be seen by the driver in front of them making them a more cautious driver than a car driver.

IIRC 90% of bikes crashes last year were caused by a car hitting the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

bikes arent dangerous, its those 60mph trees that are lethal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

ah I know just where your coming from Echo, after 3 years I still get the phone call from the mother going "its rainging and windy, are you driving? you know its dangorus" at which point I get well peved off.

As for G/F's well so far none have said anything.. as I think they know it will lead to them being in the dog house

I loves my bike I do :D

As for the topic of dangers on the road. Yeah there are some bikers who drive at crazy speeds and may just crash. But to be honest there are for more car drivers that do that. I am often over taken (sometimes they even try it in the same lane) by some nut in a car that thinks he owns the road.

End of the day. People are stupid! You try not to be.

Oh and on the topic of people coming up and commenting on the dangers of bikes. I beleave I have seen it best said by a T-Shirt a tattoo artest I went to had on. It went "The only differeance between a person who has a tattoo and a person who doesn't. Is that the person who has a tattoo wont comment that the person who doesn't, Doesn't have one" same goes for bikes to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Get this, if I visit my mother and it's raining outside she'll offer me her car to drive instead, even though I'd have no way of getting the car back to her-she says "don't worry, I'll get the bus, I don't like you on that thing in the rain"! Classic!

I know she's just concerned for me though which is cool. Other assholes telling me it's dangerous don't really bother me-I just say "sure if I die, hopefully it'll be fast" or something like that. Usually shuts them up. I couldn't be arsed getting into the "car drivers are blinkered idiots" conversation-it's not worth getting worked up about. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

In my experence bikes are not dangerous if you ride them properly, (11yrs driving them now), they can be great fun and a great way to travel,, Just learn your and the bikes limitations and you will be fine,,

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

kaimera wrote:
    I don't have a problem with bikes > wouldn't get one myself tho;
    Fair enough, but why bother with the bikes forum so? I mean, you wouldn't post in the satellite forum if you had no intention of ever buying a dish, would you?
    Not raggin' on you, just puzzled. :confused:
    too much leather ;)
    If leather pushes your gayness button too much there's plenty of vegan biker stuff available... Textile jackets are better for winter than leather. You can also get non-leather gloves and boots...

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Advertisement