Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Cs Class Rep

Options
  • 05-11-2005 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hey people,
    I was just wonderin if anyone knows is 1st Computer Science part of 1st Scence? Do we have our own class rep or is there just the one class rep for the whole lot of 1st Science???

And has anyone else noticed that there is very few of us out there. I've realised that, apart from Ben who's in all my classes, I don't actually know anyone else doing 1st CS Denominated Entry. I know theres only 50 odd of us but you think they'd have some sort of class for us alone. With this Horizons thingy theres probably more arts people in our computer classes than there is of us!!

Is anyone thinking that a night out for the 1st BSc Cs students would be a good thing to organise??

eSmurph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

No idea regarding class rep but i of course endorse a good night out ;)

I'm pretty sure your class rep is indeed the Science Class Rep, but a CS meet-up is a good idea. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

the 1st cs class rep is the same 3 reps as there is for general science

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Gonna exclude us poor Ba Comp Sci people? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

CS (or CSI to use the new school name) also elects their own internal class reps. These reps are usually more useful that the SU ones.

They're the ones to approach to organise class party, arrange extra tutorials, sort out complaints about lecturers.

There should have been 1 rep for each group (BA, denominated, etc). If there isn't one, mail the first year coordinator and ask them to organise an election. Shouldn't be any more difficult then looking for nominations and a show of hands in a lecture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

where do i find out who the class reps are?
    arts btw not comps

Advertisement