Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim Free Phones

• 05-11-2005 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a sim free phone, I'm on Meteor prepaid (with a Sharp GX20, which I've been having problems with lately), which I don't want to leave, since they seem to work out cheap for me.

So, I'm looking for someplace to buy a decent phone, but without being tied to a network. I'm thinking about the Motorolla V3 or Nokia 6170, but I haven't really started looking for specific phones yet. Can anybody recommend a website for relatively cheap sim free phones?

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

http://www.expansys.ie/

Are pritty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Does anyone know if www.phonesonline.ie is reliable? I want to buy a k750i. The thing is, i already ordered it from pixmania.com, and it arrived last Thursday. Lucky me! Or so i thought, until i opened the box to see that there was no phone inside but only a few accessories like the charger and batterey etc. :mad: I rang them up and the matter will be investigated so I have to wait and see what will happen.

Also, i just checked on their website that the k750 is not in stock until the 23rd of this month. I'm sick of waiting so i just want to give back all the crap they gave to me and send it back and tell them i'll never order from them again, and order from somewhere else or probably in a sony store.

Anyway, went off on a bit of a tangent there, sorry!

Has anyone any experience using phonesonline.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 santo

i've used phonesonline.ie before. they were recommended to me by a friend. the phone arrived within 2 days which is better than i can say from my experience with expansys...

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

and was everything in order? no problems with the package? sorry to ask but i'm just a bit unsure about ordering online after not receiving my phone properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 santo

yeah, everything was fine. i'd recommend them. you can always call them first to check them out if you're unsure about buying online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Ive used livetelecom.com before and got both fones on time and at a very good on price, but it depends on wat fone u want.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

I just got a Nokia 6021 from Meteor, Make me an offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

If your getting a Nokia and its not a 6680 or 6630 buy it PAYG and unlock it yourself.Saves a hundered quid these days.Use nokiafree.org or something if you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

www.ebay.co.uk .....plenty of unlocked phones in new condition. Just beware the obvious scams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The V3 is only 249 on Meteor now, with 80 euro call credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭green_onions

In relation to pixmania.com, I ordered the K750i off them this day two weeks ago and got it on the bank holiday Friday with no problems, everything in the box as ordered. Only downside being the manual is in French and the English manual on the Sony Ericsson website won't load for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

chrislad wrote:
    The V3 is only 249 on Meteor now, with 80 euro call credit.

Its crap lol.Get the 6230i (around the same price)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I know it's crap. He said he wanted one though. The 6230i is 299.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Www.livetelecom.comSeems to be reliable.Cheap simfree phones.

Www.plemix.comCheap enough sim free phones never used them though. Usa Site more than likley.I think they deliver here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

www.mobilejoker.de

about the site above,any body use them

are most of the phones easily changeable, the language ,
    are they quick to deliver
    and do they email you saying that its sent or what

got my self a w550i
    cheapest place to get one iv seen

[good thing about them they do C.O.D]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

I ended up buying the Nokia 6170 from Expansys - and it's been great so fa.

I put the order in online yesterday afternoon, at about 15:30, and received it this morning at 11am. It shipped from Manchester via DHl, shipping ended up costing about €15, the phone worked out at €180.

Thanks for your advice.

Advertisement