Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Inches of Blood - why did no-one say?!

• 05-11-2005 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭

I recently discovered 3 Inches of Blood while listening to some webradio station thingy, and recent got me a copy of "Advance and Vanquish" - and I have to admit, it's grown on me something serious. Deadly Sinners and Wykydtron in particular, are fantastic!

What's starange to me is that this band seems relatively well heard of, yet no-one I know has actually heard any of their stuff before now. Anyway, for those who are uneducated, 3 inches of blood are really hard to pigeon hole. Think Judas Priest vocals, with Iron Maiden guitars, a dolsh of the Darkness (in a good way) and a pinch of Dimmu Bordir to heavy things up...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I read a few reviews of them a while back, been meaning to check them out for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

They have a song called 'destroy the orcs'. How could you fault them for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

So they do! I'm going to listen to it now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

what ive heard of them hasn't been too bad - if its the band im thinking of.now im back in the employment ill check them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,570 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Great band - think Judas Priest circa 'Painkiller' with a bit of At the Gates. Completely over the top (musically and especially lyrically!) but all the better for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

I have only heard Deadly Sinner, seems pretty good. So the album is worth getting if you enjoy swords, metal and orcs?

Sounds good to me. Welcome to the "To Get..." list.

superconor wrote:
    I have only heard Deadly Sinner, seems pretty good. So the album is worth getting if you enjoy swords, metal and orcs?

Hell - I never really gave a **** about swords, metal and orcs before I heard this album!

Hell - I never really gave a **** about swords, metal and orcs before I heard this album!

Now you are ready for MANOWAR!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

and then Rhapsody :)

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    Now you are ready for MANOWAR!!! :D

No - I find Manowar to be absolute crap I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

No - I find Manowar to be absolute crap I'm afraid :(
    Somebody sharpen the swords!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Deadly Sinners is the standout track on the album. The band has actually been going a while and even played in low key gig in Dublin a couple of years back.

Kicking myself now that I never went to see them.

/and Manowar are not crap./

I don't like Manowar - I have tried to like them and I have failed.

And yeah, first 3 Inches of Blood track I heard was Deadly Sinners - didn't appeal to me that much at the time, but I still remembered it 3 weeks later when someone mentioned them again...

Advertisement