Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone know of a crashed Mk 4 Fiesta?

Options
  • 05-11-2005 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Have a Mk4 Fiesta, the one with the dopey headlights and the first of the Zetec engines. The manual tilting glass sunroof has been a bit dodgy since we got it, leaking water (the windscreen freezes over on the inside in winter!). Went to check the gutters and drains the other day and found they are fine but the retainers / hinges seem to be knackered. The leading edge of the glass panel is projecting well up and I get drips landing on my elbows when I drive around corners on wet days.

Ford can supply the glass, either of the two seals or the winding handle seperately but not the hinges - I'd have to spend €300-odd getting the full assembly.

I've tried Traynors in the North, I've tried a few parts dealers in the UK (one is still trying to find some from a scrapped car) but does anyone know where I'd get my hands on a crashed 96-99 Fiesta with a manual tilting glass sunroof. I'm in the southeast, so that would be best. I'm willing to remove the parts myself, as long as the cost is reasonable.

Advertisement