Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The IFTAs are a joke

• 05-11-2005 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

How did Stew win an IFTA beating The Panel and Killinascully for best entertainment programme? It was the single most unfunny and un-entertaining thing on television after Fiona Looney.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

I liked it, The Panel is better though.

I loved the radio DJ's sketch. But lots of the rest of the sketches just seemed like Fast Show ripoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Flankerb

Is it just me or was everyone there p**sed out of their heads! Did you see Patrick Kielty slagging Nesbitt?!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Flankerb wrote:
    everyone there p**sed out of their heads
    I take it that the IFTA is an Irish thing?:D:rolleyes:confused:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

the_syco wrote:
    I take it that the IFTA is an Irish thing?:D:rolleyes:confused:;)
    Irish Film and Television Awards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Any links to a winners list? and will it be repeated at any point?

Was watching Dude Where's My Car instead :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bungeecork

The main stage camera - was wobbly!

The "nominees are" music had 3 notes, repeated over and over and over...

The timing stank worse than Anne Doyles news intros.

The director was trigger happy, loads of errors made in the choosing of camera shots.

The host was funny though :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yeah Stew was a huge dissappointment, It shouldn't have even been nominated really.

I mean their are other better show that could have been nominated

The Offside Show
    The Blizzard of Odd
    Naked Camera

lots of better TV really.

Also the most unsurpising and yet dissappointing award went to your Man from TV3 who does the morning show. I don't even know his name. Mark Cagney just thought of it. I asked ye all to vote for anyone but him for god sake.

Also can this be put into the Awards section.

www.ifta.ie is the IFTAs website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Anyone know of a repeat? Mischa Barton is a beast. How'd she look tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Goodshape wrote:
    Was watching Dude Where's My Car instead :rolleyes:

shame on you lol

i turned it off to watch Eurotrip :eek:

oh btw, Mischa Barton looked so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

OFDM wrote:
    How did Stew win an IFTA beating The Panel and Killinascully for best entertainment programme? It was the single most unfunny and un-entertaining thing on television after Fiona Looney.

I had never even heard of Stew before. I would have said The Panel. At least Dara did what he said and would keep his fingers crossed in hope even after the winner was announced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

God's shiny bollocks! I cannot believe that talentless, bland cretin, Mark Cagney won the 'Personality' award. If there was ever a man who made Pat Kenny look interesting, it's him.
    Is it just me or was everyone there p**sed out of their heads!

I don't know, but I could have done with some heroin or something after watching that shite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Anyone know of a repeat? Mischa Barton is a beast. How'd she look tonight?

She looked amazing as usual but only said one or two lines and then was gone.
    Best thing about the awards tonight IMO, the rest of it was complete shi'ite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Mark Cagney looked a state when he picked up his award - sack the stylist. He should have worn a classic tux, far more classy and is timeless. Reckon he might regret wearing that horrible get up in time to come ...... like tomorrow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Arabel wrote:
    At least Dara did what he said and would keep his fingers crossed in hope even after the winner was announced.

:D This was the only reason I put it on in the first place. Good man, Dara! After that I stopped watching. It was extremely lame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On Ireland AM for the last 2 weeks, they had a big display behind the presenters that said "Vote Mark... txt blah blah to xxxx". Bit of a con job to be honest....

And Stew? Jesus.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

He doesn't even have a personality. As he said himself last night, it was thanks to the women he presented with that made him look good (i.e. they were air heads).
    I thought the girl off TG4 should have won, Paisean Faisean is a good programme, she presents it well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

stew was terrible. I didnt find any of the sketches funny. How did that win???
    How did that twat off Ireland AM win??? Its car crash tv, that gets beaten in the ratings, by the morning repeat of the Afternoon Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Mischa Barton was at this bollocks? How the hell did she get roped into this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Her mother, Nuala, is Irish...
    TBH, I don't think shes that famous this side of the pond... Im sure there were some at the awards who were wonderin who she was and vice versa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Only caught a few mins of it.... saw some actress win an award.
    She ended her speech with "I'm gonna go and get locked!!!".

I'm surprised she didnt say she was going to practice her lines (Kate Moss styl-ee).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Nightwish wrote:
    ... Its car crash tv, that gets beaten in the ratings, by the morning repeat of the Afternoon Show.

I Agree he shouldnt have won but actually you are incorrect about the ratings, they beat every other channel for their time slot in the mornings! Including the repeat of yet another tripe show, the afternoon show:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Oops sorry. Its just thats what was printed in the Indo 2 weeks ago. How do they have ANY viewers at all, though is beyond me. All they do is advertise stuff. Not to mention the ad breaks every 5 mins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

how the f*%k did stew win an award?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭ConansGal

Im so p***ed off that the panel didn't win. It is the best programme to come ou tof Ireland in a long time. Ive never even watched stew. Who the hell were the judges on this competition? Have they been living in reality cos the Panel is the best show on Rte! Only reason i put on the damn awards was to see if Dara O'Brían kept his promise and good man he did. Best bit of the night. Stopped watching after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

seabee wrote:
    how the f*%k did stew win an award?

Good question. It's complete muck.
    Maybe if there was an award for crappiest show of the year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the IFTA's are a total joke (much like the IRMAs) - the irish film industry is tiny, the television industry is also very small and the volume of good material produced each year is barely enough to fill a shortlist.

I mean they had Andrea Corr nominated in the best actress category!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

loyatemu wrote:
    I mean they had Andrea Corr nominated in the best actress category!?!
    She acts like she's in a successful pop group.... pulls it off well.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I'm starting to think that all the nominees were chosen at random, and then the winners were chosen at random from that selection. Or more likely, the judges gave the awards to their friends. They're the only two possible explanations for Stew winning anything.

At least Love is the Drug beat that overrated rubbish Pure Mule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

loyatemu wrote:
    the irish film industry is tiny
    No sh1t!. They had Killian Murphy in Red Eye nominated for best actor. Did they run out of Irish people in films or something? I guess the answer is yes. That was an absolutely brutal performance in a complete bollox of a film. At least he didn't win.

Looking through the rest of the awards, I've never heard of most of the shows, or the actors in them. Most of the catagories seem to have the same shows in them again and again too. It's like the Oscars the year that Titanic won them all. The Irish film and TV industry is just too small for an event like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They had Killian Murphy in Red Eye nominated for best actor.

[edit] my mistake he was up for it agains Liam Neeson [/edit]

However Liam Neeson won best Irish Actor for Kinsey. :rolleyes: Killing my arguement there.

[edit] Arguement Dead [/edit]
    The Irish film and TV industry is just too small for an event like this.

I think its good to promote these shows. Pure Mule deserved all the nominations and awards that it got.

But yes stew and Mark Cagney did not deserve their nominations or awards.

But then you can pick out alot of things from the emmys that shouldn't have got awards.

E.G. Locke(Terry O'Quinn) not getting the award for best supporting actor. Even though when I heard the William Shanter of Boston Legal had won i was happy but then I saw the awards and realised that Terry O'Quinn is one of Americas best TV actors and far better then William Shanter.

And how many nominations did Despartate Housewives get in Best Comic Actress. 3 OUT OF 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Kingmaker

Mark cagney???? Personality???? What?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Kingmaker wrote:
    Mark cagney???? Personality???? What?????

The word oxymoron comes to mind!!!

What do you expect with TV3 constantly telling us to vote for him? Even their news bulletins didn't escape the "vote Mark" crap - I don't remember Sky or even RTÉ carrying on like that - SO unprofessional.

The whole thing is a joke!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

d@rk l0rd wrote:
    The word oxymoron comes to mind!!!

Moron would be more appropriate :p

Advertisement