Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bmw issues, steering wheel shudders.

Options
  • 05-11-2005 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

folks

have a 93 316i. its a northern car and took a smack in the front. i got it checked and was told it was only a small crash in the front wing......hmmm
    anyway

the car is driving grand, but when im braking the steering shudders somewhat (rattles somewhat). it doesnt bother me too much thou.
    is this much of an issue or whats it about? the two front bearings were changed or whatever they are called.:D

any bmwsters here with advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'd say you have warped brake discs which need replacing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

id say thats valid point. i dont think they were changed. good man.

i'll get my bro to investigate:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I'd say sell it and buy mine :)
    Selling it soon enough. As moving to Uk and going buying a Coupe over there.

story? sellin already? what yr coupe u looking at?

should get a merc sl:D

serious, id get a 320ci coupe. yes please. 5yr old model. once i blag a job.
    why u moving to blighty?

ezza

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Wanna get a 323i Coupe with M Kit. I am going to college over in the Uk next Yr so i am going to buy a nice new car for myself
    story? sellin already? what yr coupe u looking at?

should get a merc sl:D

serious, id get a 320ci coupe. yes please. 5yr old model. once i blag a job.
    why u moving to blighty?

ezza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

:rolleyes:

Students these days. Don't know they're born!

im a student myself, bt getting a 323 coupe is pushing it abit!
    :D

having said that, cant beat bmws for comfort, my bro took mine for a spin with his missus in the back and she was nattering on about the comfort all the time. and the sound system i put in is the dogs ******. the pioneer unit from the states has incredible sound, i dont put on the radio much thou! i blagged 240w speakers for the back for 8dollars a pop. they were on a sale, apparently should have cost 130dollars.

anyways, time to get the old nct now, it got a mot valid until next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have a 1990 316i and it does the same thing. My previous car was a 1991 316 Touring and it did exactly the same thing. I had the breaks and hubs check on my current 316 and they are all fine. I think it might be a "feature" of this particular model.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

if the car was hit before, have you checked the ball joint, that could causes the car to shudder when you break just like a warped break disc will do

Advertisement