Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscription Information

Options
  • 06-11-2005 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to show my support for the fantastic work done by the Boards team by subscribing. I know I probably should have done this sooner but better late than never.

I refuse to use PayPal or any other of these Johnny-come-lately fukkers.
    Where can I send a cheque or cash?

I remain etc etc..
    Send details by PM if necessary.

Hagar
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

You cannot pay by cash or cheque, This option was done away with as it was too hard to track.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Im still unusre if bank transfer is been done away with also. at present i have an annual standing order set up with boards.ie's bank accound,

should I cancel this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Not too sure I'll hit regi or one of the lads with a mallet for an answer.

thanks asok much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Hagar, PayPal is cool enough, I've used it for a good while now with no problems at all. If you're still unsure about using PayPal, give the cash to a mate who has an account and get them to pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Thanks for the input but the fact remains I and many other people do not trust PayPal with my credit card details.
    There should be an alternate method for people who don't want to expose themselves to potential fraud.

This site is worth a read http://www.paypalsucks.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Same boat here, no payal or cc for me.....:(

wow, just noticed the new smilie is implemented :v:

I'm quite prepared to give CC details to an Admin or adult mod :D by PM if that would be acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

http://www.3v.ie

problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Same boat here, no payal or cc for me.....:(

your sub lapse then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Hagar wrote:
    I'm quite prepared to give CC details to an Admin or adult mod :D by PM if that would be acceptable

If you can get the money to my account, i'll use my paypal account subscribe you. This i have done for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

We really, really do prefer paypal.

- Credit card details alone are no good to us.
    - We definately do not take cash anymore, in any circumstances
    - Cheques / bank transfers can work, but they aren't automatic, and we have to spot them in order to proceed.

Thanks for the idea Dannie but I don't think I can use it as I am in France.

Thanks for the offer Ruggie, right now I can't think of a quick/cheap way of transferring money to you. The minimum charge for an international transfer is not cheap compared to the €50 that I would be sending.

Regi I understand that cash is a no-no.

No disrepect intended but me using PayPal may be in your best interests it most definitely isn't in mine.

There must be a simple way round this.
    Surely I can't be the only person in this situation ?

my standing order is due to pay on 20/1/06 and will be labeled on your bank statement with my username

if need be i can post a reminder or send which admin deals with the money a PM when the time comes around..

If it really can't be done then I could try to get one of these 3V things but bank transfer would work out much cheaper for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Sorry to take it a little ot, but could somebody please link me to the paypal subscribe function for boards?

This is all I could find: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscriptions.php?

But I get refused access :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

you might have to change group membership from Moderator to Subscriber in your CP to change stuff. if they did it through paypal then it should be automatic.

Advertisement