Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw Rad Price

Options
  • 06-11-2005 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Right my 316 decided it would get a crack at the bottom about a 2weeks ago.... That was fine put some rad weld in it did the job.. Anyway two weeks later it started leeking again....Brought it to my Mech today he said Rad Weld sometimes your better off pssing into it sometimes...He advised me to replace the Rad asap as it could start causing problems with the Head Gasket... How much should A Rad and labour cost? he said between 180 and 200 for a new one incl labour. Is that good? Also he said that its more than likely not a sign of the head gasket this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Thats not a bad price including fitting. Your better off fitting a new or reconditioned one rather than a secondhand one as the secondhand one could cause problems if its clogged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah well he said a new rad will cost about 120 and 2 hours labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

That's an OK price. Part price and labour charge seem about right. Where is he sourcing the radiator from, has he checked around a few places (gsf etc.) to see if it can be got any cheaper.

If the car has not overheated then the head gasket should be fine. The fact that radiator has developed a leak isn't a sign that the head gasket is gone or going (think that's what you were asking in your final question)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

The car overheated once, That because the water leeked and there was barely any water in the rad but i turned off the engine straight away.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Contact German & Swedish for a rad price (www.gsfcarparts.com [prices in sterling] or 01-4606062). Also check out prices from www.eurocarparts.com. Both places deliver (AFAIK, not with an Post).
    You will also need a gallon of coolant which bumps the price up a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement