Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on Ibb issue.

• 06-11-2005 1:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Right here is a Tricky one. I am out of my Ibb contract. I have prove that i am legally out of my contract, This is over a month ago. Yet i still have full access to the Internet because they havent removed there stuff. (I have contacted them to remove it) Anyway its charged to the Parents debit account and the mother said there was a 48 euro charge last month from Ibb even though i am not in a contract anymore btw i am still awaiting a refund check which i have been promised(Also have this in writing) where do i stand regarding this i no i have been using the net but i do not have a legal binding with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Firstly get your parents to cancel the direct debit, they will need to sign for this, as IBB will still take money when they have the chance, it happened to me.
    Secondly, if you were using their sevice after you informed them to cancel, it kinda goes both ways, you informed them to cancel you yet your still connected to the internet, and you also informed them to take their equipment, which they hav'nt, and to add to it they charged you, now i do take that they charge a month in advance do they?, if so you still have a month with them payed, if not done this way, they still took money off you so your entitled to a service in which they are still getting payed for.

If it was me, i would be on your side if it was a trial, you asked them to disconnect you and remove their equipment, yet they have not and they still take money from you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you have given them the appropriate notice at the end of the minimum period then you are in the clear but my advice to you would be do not use the service - if you do they may claim that by using it you are by default extending the contract. Besides if all the reports are true dial up would be more effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

How would one go about Taking Ibb to court via small claims court?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

How would one go about Taking Ibb to court via small claims court?

Lots of information here - http://oasis.gov.ie/justice/small_claims_court/small_claims_court.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

if you want a full refund for the time after you requested de-install to when it is de-installed then do not use it otherwise you may face problems getting a refund for something that you were actively using.

Advertisement