Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Of The Conchords - One Night Stand Video

• 06-11-2005 3:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

Well I posted about these guys a good while back. Didn't get much of a response but hopefully this recent vid. will inspire some fandom among you all.

So this is from the show One Night Stand in America where each episode one act has the entire half hour to themselves for stand-up comedy. It's 29 mins. 49 secs. so 56kers may have to wait a while. :o

The featured act in this episode is Flight Of The Conchords, a New Zealand Folk Parody Duo. Yes... They were on Ed Byrne's show last year and that's when I discovered them.

Here's the video: Download.

These guys are freakin' hilarious. This would be great for anyone with a 5G.

Now, if you really liked the vid. you'll be disappointed to know that they have no official website (though they do have a CD) but they have some good fansites:...

Figwit Lives! (That has some cool downloads.)
    What The Folk! (They have song downloads on this page.)

Hope you like 'em!

P.s. They're nicknamed Figwit (I have no idea why), just in case that causes any confusion. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭HybridTech

Hef,

That's a huge download to expect people to take! It's 185MB! That's 55 mnutes over an ideal 56KB connection! TBH I'm not even prepared to take it in over a 1MB DSL connection. How about clipping a snippet of it, and posting it as a taster, then directing people to the full download?

Cheers,
    HT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Well I don't really know how to do that but there is a shorter download here. It's of the two on Conan O'Brien.

That's a 5 min. 3 sec. clip and is 22.5MB.

Had a look at the second clip. Funny guys alright! New Zealand's finest. Cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

HybridTech wrote:
    Hef,

That's a huge download to expect people to take! It's 185MB! That's 55 mnutes over an ideal 56KB connection! TBH I'm not even prepared to take it in over a 1MB DSL connection. How about clipping a snippet of it, and posting it as a taster, then directing people to the full download?

Cheers,
    HT
    hehe .... if I could have got 56KB out of my analogue modem i would have stuck with dial-up ... a ideal dial up connection would take more than 10 hours to download :p

:o Suitably embarrassed, thanks. All the more reason to break it up a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement