Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brothers Grimm

Options
  • 06-11-2005 9:47am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Went to see this the other night, and despite some less than great reviews really really enjoyed it.
    Peter Stomare is brilliant, as are the two leads Matt Damon and Heath Ledger, great fun, never more so than the various Python type gags that happen in the background, but even if you don't like Python (and if so, whats wrong with you?), you should still find something to like about this movie.
    The various fairytales and myths that are woven together, along with the middle ages superstitions that lingered in the european heartlands til the 19th century, it is an amazing peice of work, can't wait til the DVD version so I can see all of the extras, pretty sure Eric Idle is in a cameo as a cripple too, anyway anyone else watched it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sorry, CiDeRmAn, saw it yesterday and thought it was one of the worst of the year. Lots of attempts at jokes, but none hit home. Story was unnecessarily drawn out (lets go into the forest, lets leave the forest, lets go into the forest, lets leave the forest, lets go into the forest....).

And don't get me started on Peter Stormare. His accent was bloody awful. He took turns at being French, Italian, Irish and Romanian (I was expecting him to say "I vont to suck your blood" at some stage...). I imagine if this thing had come out 9 months ago, he wouldn't be playing Abruzzi in Prison Break right now.....

Bad movie, end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

TmB wrote:
    Sorry, CiDeRmAn, saw it yesterday and thought it was one of the worst of the year. Lots of attempts at jokes, but none hit home. Story was unnecessarily drawn out (lets go into the forest, lets leave the forest, lets go into the forest, lets leave the forest, lets go into the forest....).

And don't get me started on Peter Stormare. His accent was bloody awful. He took turns at being French, Italian, Irish and Romanian (I was expecting him to say "I vont to suck your blood" at some stage...). I imagine if this thing had come out 9 months ago, he wouldn't be playing Abruzzi in Prison Break right now.....

Bad movie, end of story.

Awww, had been kinda looking forward to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I hear the special effects are absolutely appalling? I was going to see this but loads of negative reviews for every aspect of the film threw me off...

Advertisement