Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vieira's new book

• 06-11-2005 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭

Looks interesting, taken from tribalfootball site short extract

Vieira speaking about the Gary Neville incident

Every time we played United, Gary Neville acted tough. We were always on the receiving end and his behaviour towards Jose in October had been unacceptable.

"So that night I said to him: 'Every time you foul the guys, I'm going to be watching you. If you do it, I'm going to sort you out.'

Yes, it was intimidation - but I hadn't planned to say it. Roy Keane got involved, which did not surprise me. He is their captain, so his job is to defend their players.

"He told me to leave Neville alone and that if I had a problem, I should talk to him. I didn't have a problem with him. Keane was the toughest midfielder I did battle with in England.

"When you compare his courage and behaviour on the pitch with Van Nistelrooy and Neville, it's like night and day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

When is it out? Apparently he called Van Nistelrooy every name under the sun including a diver and cheat.

Seems to have great respect for Keane though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

News of the World has extracts from it.

Usual bollix tho, bet hes plays vs utd this season maybe in freindly :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Lemlin here's the extract from tribalfootball for van Nistlerooy
    Everyone thinks he is a nice guy but, in fact, he's a son of a bitch. He has a history of incidents that all too often have gone unnoticed.

"He has punched Freddie Ljungberg and elbowed Lauren. At Arsenal, we hated him and had real reason to do so.

"I can't stand the sight of Van Nistelrooy. He's a great player and has proved himself time and time again - but everything about him annoys me. He's always complaining and whingeing."

He also said: "In September 2003, I was sent off at Old Trafford after a second yellow card as a result of an incident with him.

"I got shafted. Just thinking about it makes my blood boil.

"He tried to stamp on me and then he made more of the challenge than he should have done. I am not blaming the referee. He got shafted, too.

"I never intended to touch Van Nistelrooy and did not deserve a red card. The way he laid it on annoyed me even more.

After the game, I was standing with a friend in the tunnel when Van Nistelrooy walked past. We looked at each other. He tried to talk to me and I told him that it was finished and I had nothing more to say.

"But he persisted. So I asked if I had touched him. He simply replied: 'You have no class.' That was the icing on the cake. He was trying to convince himself that he had not cheated, which just showed he did not have a clear conscience.

"I said: 'Watch it, or I'm going to land one on you.'

We were on the verge of fisticuffs but Mikael Silvestre, Fabien Barthez and Robert Pires got there just in time and intervened. This altercation confirmed my view that not only is Van Nistelrooy a cheat, he lacks courage."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

''He's always complaining and whingeing."

Ah but Patrick he wasn't written an autobiography ''complaining'' and ''whingeing'' about his fellow professionals yet! :rolleyes:

I admire Vieira for his footballing talent but his attitude towards his fellow professionals and his club has always been disgraceful. His book is already screaming of complete hipocracy for very obvious reasons.

We were on the verge of fisticuffs

I'm sure many a player would quake in their boots to hear Patrick was near "fisticuffs" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Vieira really respects Keane since he was sent off against United and Keane had a whisper and told him to apply for an appeal. I don't think its a mutual respect though. :)

I'd love United to stay in the CL as its probably the last chance they'll meet on the pitch again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The respect between them is definately mutual. 2 of the toughest midfielders in the premiership over the last 10 years and they had some great battles.

If Keane didnt respect him you would know about it.

Im surprised but then again not really. Ruud is a cheat You dont have to an Arsenal fan to believe that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Arsenal have their fair share of cheats, so its a touch ironic. Also who can forget vieira's nice dive against liverpool then get up and apologise once he got caught? The guy, as zane said, stinks of hypocracy. "always complaining and whingeing" used to be an arsenal trademark at one point, lead by vieira.
    "He tried to stamp on me and then he made more of the challenge than he should have done. I am not blaming the referee. He got shafted, too." Isnt that what bergkamp does best? Dont really want to rile any arsenal fans but when your former player launches an attack on a player, who's faults could be found throughout the whole team he was a member of, bewilders me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

he's hardley going to have a pop at his ex-team mates and its all about selling books at the end of the day

jank wrote:
    If Keane didnt respect him you would know about it.
    The fact that he didn't put his hand out to shake Vieira's is a bit disrespectful. Could have been just for the match though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Nice to have the anti-arsenal brigade out again!

That was for that game as for the france-ireland match they did shake hands.

jank wrote:
    Nice to have the anti-arsenal brigade out again!
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In fairness, he's spot on in what he says about van Nistelrooy. The man is a sneaky cheat, who is constantly looking to get fellow professionals in trouble.

he (rudd) does seem to be a little bit of a softie when it comes to the crunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

In fairness, he's spot on in what he says about van Nistelrooy. The man is a sneaky cheat, who is constantly looking to get fellow professionals in trouble.

As Jose the Great once said , "there are no innocents at a professional level".

Autos are usually a pile of poo, wonder if he says much about why he chose France ahead of Senegal.

kdjac

but look what an auto did to japp stamp

blu_sonic wrote:

Stam disclosed private information about United's tatics though. He must of expected more than a good bollicking when he came out and admitted that Fergie had told the team to dive in Europe.

oh no i just mean that sometimes that a good auto can be juicy, i agree japp had to go. but it was fun to watch the media uproar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Remember Vieira's dive against Liverpool last year for example...
    Hypcocrite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

bit off topic, but I just finished the Fowler autobiography.
    Not bad, but he goes on a bit about where he came from, Toxteth.
    Didn't realise what a pr*ck Houllier was till I read the book tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Roddy23 wrote:
    bit off topic, but I just finished the Fowler autobiography.
    Not bad, but he goes on a bit about where he came from, Toxteth.
    Didn't realise what a pr*ck Houllier was till I read the book tho.

I thought it was a terrible book that reflected very badly on Fowler. The first half, as you say, was all about how he was just a kid "from the wrong side of the tracks." The second half was a very bitter and vindictive hachet job on Houllier, who I'm surprised has been able to keep a dignified silence over some very nasty insults. It'll be good to get the other side of the story if Houllier ever releases an autobiography.

Fowler went right down in my estimation after reading it. Everything that ever went wrong in Robbie Fowler's career was someone else's fault, he takes no blame for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

blu_sonic wrote:

Yeah, got him out of Man U and into AC Milan, albeit not directly, playing on two (Or was it just one) champions league finals after releasing it.

Bet he's gutted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Slash/ED wrote:
    Yeah, got him out of Man U and into AC Milan, albeit not directly, playing on two (Or was it just one) champions league finals after releasing it.

Bet he's gutted :)

I dunno, I doubt the milan fans have a song as good as Jip Jap Stam.
    Jip Jaap Stam is a big Dutchman
    Get past him if you f**king can
    Try a little trick & he'll hit you with a brick
    Jip Jaap, Jaap Stam

Some days I imagine what him and Rio would have been like at the back. Now that would have been tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

While Vierra is not an saint, Van Horseface and Neville are possibly the two most hated players in the PL and there is a reason for that. There is a difference between diving now and again and then doing it every bloody game.. Did you see him against Middlesborough?

Advertisement