Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 network coverage ?

• 06-11-2005 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

I'm in th emarket for a new phone & 3 have the Sony K680i on offer for a paltry €9.00 (+ €60 a month).

Anyone know what their coverage is like & if this phone can take a memory card (& if so what type?)

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't know about the memory card issue, but outside 3 coverage area, you roam on Vodafone's 2G network, so you should have coverage of a sort pretty much everywhere in the Republic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

is that the same as the meteor 02 deal? were you roam but still pay the same prices?

on a side note surely meteor have full coverage now and should cancel that deal with o2
    when i was with o2 the only time i ever had to roam to o2 was when i was in the far west of kerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

the K608i is the same as the K600i and doesnt take a memory card as far as i know (i might be wrong)
    aint got a clue on 3'S coverage as far as i know they are piggy backin off vodafone for both 3g and 2.5g so it shouldn't be too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the k608i doesn't take a memory card. they have 99.5% coverage for voice calls and 60-70% for 3g features. theres a very out of date coverage map on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

is that the same as the meteor 02 deal? were you roam but still pay the same prices?

Similar, you're still a 3 customer and paying 3 prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Meteor only have that deal where they have no coverage.
    but else where where there coverage is sh1t u better get used to calling 171.
    :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They have 99.5% coverage for voice calls and 60-70% for 3g features.

They have about 97% Geographic Coverage for Voice/Text and about 12% Geographic coverage for usable 3G features.
    theres a very out of date coverage map on their website.

crap coverage map more like, not as bad as Meteor 'coverage' where Meteor grossly misrepresent O2 coverage .......unlike O2 themselves on whose network Meteor often provides the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Richie6904 wrote:
    the K608i is the same as the K600i and doesnt take a memory card as far as i know (i might be wrong)
    aint got a clue on 3'S coverage as far as i know they are piggy backin off vodafone for both 3g and 2.5g so it shouldn't be too bad
    Three do not use Vodas 3G services, they only roam on Voda 2.5G when outside 3G coverage.
    3 seem to have a guestimated 70% pop. coverage as they cover almost all of Dublin and some of the cities outside it. Waterford City has full signal everywhere and you will get a signal a good few miles outside the city as well. Limerick, Carlow, Kilkenny, Cork, Clonmel, Wexford, Galway should all have decent coverage as well.

I have never had any coverage problems, I even got full 3G coverage where on O2 I would have about 5/7 and Voda would have 3/7.

Keeping it short, go for three, they are good, and a lot cheaper then the alternatives when on the lowest plan.

Advertisement