Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett Media Station

Options
  • 06-11-2005 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying the Komplett Media Station with the Hauppauge! 500MCE tv card.
    Has anyone any experiences with this, good bad or indifferent? Is it noisy?
    Also, I've seen mentions that Windows MCE has had compatibility issues the Hauppauge 500MCE card in old threads. Is this still a problem or had it been sorted?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I know when I build my MCE pc in Jan the 500 had some significant driver issues. Dont know if they were sorted.

Check the forums on the green button.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I have the 500MCE up and running with MCE with no bother (built last month).

PM if you want details of my build.

Have been running it on NTL basic cable till now and was able to feed both tuners through a single input. Have just changed to NTL Digital and now I realise that I probably have to get a second set top box and second input panel to the card to allow me to watch one channel while I record the other.

Komplett did not provided the additional panel, though it was OEM. About to start posting on forums for how to handle this. You'd have the same problem if you used two separate single tuner cards though. Other than that its a quality card.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Frank, Can you post the componets u used with prices?

Would you change anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Hey,

Here's a link to the shopping list I used:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.asp?mode=receive&si=260838&su=9BA29081-E395-4D80-AABD-09C82B06E003

As I'm finding out to my disappointment, the PVR 500 MCE is not designed for using with two STBs so if you only plan on using basic cable its fine and will let you use two tuners. but if you plan on using digital, or any other input, you'll need the extra adapter which I have not found yet. Bottom line is go with two PVR 150s instead - apparently cheaper and only downside is use of two slots.

Other than that (and a noise issue I haven't had time to deal with and am confident a fan controller will sort this as I just have all fans running at max at the moment) I'm happy with it.

Advertisement