Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Woman

• 06-11-2005 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Does anyone but Barmen date Barmaids. I have a bit of a dilema. I was out last nite in town. I wasn't trying to meet anyone but just as the bar was closing. One of the barmaids who had been taking my orfers all nite came over and started to clear the table. She statred chatting to me and my friends and was jokung how i ad gotten her in trouble earlier in the nite over something. AT THIS POINT I WAS WELL OVER THE DRIVING LIMIT. She rested her arm on my shoulder as she leaned over talking to us. One of my friends was there with his Girlfriend. Who I've never meet b4, as sson as the barmaid left the table my friends Gf promptly told me that from the way the BM was acting. She liked me. But Isnt that a barmaids job to come over and act all Flirty, especially when she has a inebirated custpmer and is trying to get rid of him. On top of that she is also American, and as we all know Yanks are major flirts . Any thoughts suggestions etc all welcome:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"Stay away from me!" Sorry couldn't resist it.

Personally, I wouldn't read too much into it. Like you say, she's a barmaid and could have just been nice to you in order to get you out so she could clean up. Having said that, it can't hurt to go back there again and if you get the same kind of response, maybe ask her out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

American Girls ARE funny and FLIRTY. your buddys girlfriend may just of been trying to fet rid of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mrsaturdaynite

come on guys i need some real help. I never dated a american girl before and need some help with the stages signals etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

A mate of mine recently started going out with a barmaid who was being flirty with him. It took him about a month to gain the courage to actually ask her out, but it paid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I wouldn't read anything into it. American women are naturally flirty, bar maids are generally flirty..

An American barmaid... well.. figure it out for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I wudnt read anything into it either but u wont know unless u ask her out. Keep it cool, dont build it up to avoid crashing. Best of luck!

PS american birds rock in the sack!! **

** Disclaimer: Irish ladies rock in the sack too, im just trying to encourage young love here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

sorry mate i dont think anything will come out of it. Have you talked to her before.Its a barmaids job to be friendly and thats all she was.

Then again you could say something back and try and get to know her and sus out if shes interested or not.No harm is there.

Nothing wrong with american women at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

they probably get a **** load of lads coming on to them all night so one more wouldn't go astray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Americans are not so dissimilar to Europeans - at least the one’s who come to live in Europe for a bit - outside of having somewhat better teeth and somewhat worse irony. They do rely less on inebriation as an aphrodisiac than the Irish, and this is probably what gives you the impression that they’re flirty. It’s also not such a bad thing.

As for her being a barmaid, so what? It’s not unknown for a barmaid to take a fancy a customer. After all, it’s not like she’s not paralyzed from the waist down.

Main problem is with what you’re saying is you did nothing about it. In my experience, you should grab an opportunity when it presents itself as they rarely present themselves a second time. You could return to the pub and find her again, but even then the moment - if there was one - may have passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

One of my female friends was there with his Girlfriend.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else find this slightly weird?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 THINKiknowitall

it can't hurt to go back there again and if you get the same kind of response, maybe ask her out?

can`t get a more serious answer than taht! fairly obvious, TBH!

Any American Girls out there got any suggestions

I supose not. any american womwn out there with suggestions

i wouldent read too much into it cos most barmaids are fit and good craic and <snip>

Yeah your right guys. Iam just gonna forget about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I would have tried my hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Yeah your right guys. Iam just gonna forget about it
    Jesus dude after a quick straw poll the go for its seem to out weight the donts.

What have you got to lose? Be a man and go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Go for it. What have you got to loose? Her saying no is no big deal plus if she did fancy you then she'll like it even more if you show some gumption and come back to talk to her. No matter how beautiful or confident a girl is it makes a very big impression when a guy does something like that. Even if she's forgotten you it'll work!
    As for barmaids being naturally flirty? I have worked with many and they are NEVER flirty with guys they don't like!! Just like everyone else in the world!

I have walked up to girls on the street because I fancy them and it gets easier the more you do it. Every time you chicken out you teach yourself to do the same thing again next time. Just go for it. And if it doesn't work at least you're being brave and making it easier to it again next time.
    Good luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sod it, try it. If you're not in you can't win. That said:

To your disadvantage
    (a) you may come across as just another drunky horny customer
    (b) this happens all the time
    (c) some barmaids can turn on the flirts very easy, this makes drunk horny guys tip them (and try to feel them up aswell)

To your advantage
    (a) I don't know any single barmaids - they do put out
    (b) she touched you - wjile not saying "yes", she wasn't saying "no" either.

She's American, swopping numbers is second nature, its a game and what I said "If you're not in you can't win".

Just remembered Idid actually give her a large tip earlier in the nite. Ah well that explains it. Cheers folks. Still might chance my arm next sat

• Advertisement

hmmmm... You all said american girls tend to be flirty maybe i dont notice but I think barmaids or any kind of waitresses tend to flirt generally so they can get bigger tips. It's a part of her job to serve you but also if she can get a bigger tip by flirting or smiling at ya, then i would say she is more likely to do it.

Anyways, if you feel she did like you and you even have another chick telling you so, I would say go for it. Most girls can read each other pretty well (or at least i know i can ;D) Worst comes to worst, you get rejected and she will be flattered by it. Life goes on eh?

"PS american birds rock in the sack!! **" - faceman

HAHAHA. I love it! ;D

Go for it dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

faceman wrote:
    PS american birds rock in the sack!! **

They'd want to.......it takes long enough to get them there! Damn dating ethics ;)

I'd chat her up this weekend and see what happens dude, what is there to lose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭the_jocky

Laguna wrote:
    I wouldn't read anything into it. American women are naturally flirty, bar maids are generally flirty..

An American barmaid... well.. figure it out for yourself.
    they are pig in a american fat pigs

the_jocky wrote:

Is this the most grammatically poor post ever? Take these words and re-arrange them into something that doesnt sound like a badly translated Japanese guide to exporting pork . /OT

OP: I have to say this but your last couple of posts positively reek of indecisiveness and low confidence. If you cant put on a better front in real life I wouldnt even bother. Just rock up there and charm the pants off her - but subtly. Nobody like a guy whose too full of himself.

Except those guillible women who fall for that kind of thing.

In conclusion - have confidence - not arrogance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I would say go for it. Most girls can read each other pretty well (or at least i know i can ;D) Worst comes to worst, you get rejected and she will be flattered by it. Life goes on eh?

How does he benefit out of making her head swell?

Laguna wrote:
    How does he benefit out of making her head swell?
    She might make his head swell later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

She might make his head swell later?

:D

Turns out I was wrong. She was
    Canadian and was just looking for a bigger tip. Any ideas where i can find some american barmaids IN DUBLIN. Kinda like the Idea of going out with a one

Any Suggestions welcome

• Advertisement

shakaman wrote:
    They'd want to.......it takes long enough to get them there! Damn dating ethics ;)

I'd chat her up this weekend and see what happens dude, what is there to lose!

Dating Ethics Elaborate

dont know about american barmaids mate but there are plenty of american women in dublin. I met mine in a niteclub in town 2 years ago and we are getting married in april of next year.

Ps american women do rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

Just remembered Idid actually give her a large tip earlier in the nite.

maybe you should giver her another "tip" ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

the_jocky, consider yourself warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

Dating Ethics Elaborate

American women will only ever go home with a fella after 3 dates or more. Well worth the wait as they tend to be more.....vocal!!!

Irish women = the amount of booz they have on board

Please don't ban me only answering a question!

is it not like first base =first date
    2nd base=second date etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

i take offense. what load of **** is that about american women. :mad:
    anywho ffs, just ask her out. even if she is canadian :P!

i know.

American women arent complicated. If you like her ask her out as the previous poster said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

the_jocky wrote:

err... wtf?

Learn to type proper english there champ.

Ok. So I went down there last nite. Very nervous. I couldnt find the candaian girl and decided to leave. Just as I was about to walk out the door I spotted her. She's a waoitress not a barmaid. I said hello. She didnt reconise me:o . I reintroduced my self and spoke two her for the best part of two to three minutes. I wrapped up the consersation as she had a pint on the tray she was droppind down. So I can assume its the collective consenses that she was just doing her job last week and had little or no intrest in. Or is she just doing the chick thing of blowing hot and cold. I only had one drink in the bar and couldnt work up the nerve to ask her out as I left, Thoughts Ideas Suggestions PLEASE:o

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Dude, its her job to be nice....
    How big of a Tip did you give her?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd say it's because you didn't go up to her the night she was flirty with you... she mighta taken that as a "no" and was trying to avoid embaressing herself, by pretending to not recognise you.

Hi guys just wanted to apologise. I,ve just gotten out of a long term 'ship 7+ years. Iam trying to get back in the game and am just over doing things Sorry all. I'am not a nut really. Smith it was £ 27 for a £ 60 round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

Well your not going to get anywhere if you obsess about every woman who is kinda friendly towards you.
    Seriously, you have posted three threads about this, thats three threads about something that shouldn't even be a blip in your week/month/year.
    You gave her a tip, she chatted to you for a few minutes afterward...... thats it, 3 threads on that....
    I am not trying to be cruel, just point out that you are making a massive deal out of the most nothing of nothing!!!!

Let it go, and do not repeat the behaviour / thought process!

Im american. I can tell you that north americans, that is canadian and american women are used to men being direct and forward. if you look nervous than it will only appear to her that you are not a man who knows what he wants. take courage. no guts no glory. if she doesnt remember you, its because she doesnt remember you. her touching your arm is no big deal. north american women are used to men being a)sexually confident and b) not drunk all the time. you should find out what part of canada she is from and ask her what shes doing here, is shes homesick, will she be home for christmas, if she's staying here does she have someone to spend christmas with, etc etc. Irish men appear very shy and neurotic to north americans because they never say what they mean.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

USgirl wrote:
    Im american. I can tell you that north americans, that is canadian and american women are used to men being direct and forward. if you look nervous than it will only appear to her that you are not a man who knows what he wants. take courage. no guts no glory. if she doesnt remember you, its because she doesnt remember you. her touching your arm is no big deal. north american women are used to men being a)sexually confident and b) not drunk all the time. you should find out what part of canada she is from and ask her what shes doing here, is shes homesick, will she be home for christmas, if she's staying here does she have someone to spend christmas with, etc etc. Irish men appear very shy and neurotic to north americans because they never say what they mean.

Good advice...

What u doing next friday? Should i go chemist now for balloons or will i wait till then? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

USgirl wrote:
    b) not drunk all the time. .

lol, I'm not offended at such a rediculous generalisation, I just hope you meant that lightly and don't believe it, for your own sake.

Other than that it was good advice.

i doubt she did mate.

In the states the american women love the irish so i wouldnt worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

But North American women are used to men who don't need alcohol to give them some Dutch courage. :)

Thanks everyone. I'am gonna go there tonight and ask her out first thing. I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I agree with Galway dude, the do rock, from personal experience....and also she was a cocktail waitress and I met her in a bar that she was serving in....first night she just served us, next night she just chatted....great girl.

USgirl has it right, just be straight with her...chat with her, and aske her out...nothing to lose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement