Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I Search?

Options
  • 06-11-2005 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

There doesnt seem to be a "search" function on Boards?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

you can't. well not yet anyway. will be back soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Six posts down.

There is a search function, but due to the current change over to the new servers, its disabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Red Kooga

In that case does anyone know where the "Ali Gi on MTV awards" thread is? Its not in "Television"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ok the website rockets along for me speed wise but without having the search function the place just isnt the same. Losing the search function was like losing a limb, any word on when it will be turned back on.

WDK wrote:
    Ok the website rockets along for me speed wise but without having the search function the place just isnt the same. Losing the search function was like losing a limb, any word on when it will be turned back on.
    Yes. When everything else is on and working, last I heard.

• Advertisement

Fantastic we have been that for weeks now.

WDK wrote:
    Fantastic we have been that for weeks now.
    Not quite. The Helpdesk is still down.

I suppose :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I miss the search function :(
    Google just doesn't cut it tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I only miss the search button because it makes moderating significantly more difficult in some aspects.

No idea why anyone not moderating would miss it all that much, I never use it for any other purpose.

• Advertisement

CuLT wrote:
    No idea why anyone not moderating would miss it all that much, I never use it for any other purpose.
    I use it to check up on threads that I've been interested enough to post in... I know you can subscribe to threads, but it's really more effort than I can be arsed with.
    I'm consistantly being plagued by that feeling of having posted in an interesting thread somewhere and forgetting what (or where) it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I really miss it too, I has this link in my favourites:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?showposts=0&do=process&s=&searchuser=myusername

and it's the best link you can have to boards, it shows everything on that page I need to know.

Right click and add this to your favourites Donkey, I replaced my name with yours:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?showposts=0&do=process&s=&searchuser=DonkeyStyle \o/

I normally just use the "My posts" link from the main page.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just wait till search returns to use that link and you'll see what I mean;)

Advertisement