Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola RAZR v3x

• 06-11-2005 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Anyone know when this phone is available? Anyone have a sim-free price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Jus spoke to Motorola and they're saying that they have the phone in the country now and are hoping to release in the next couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is this the pink one? If so it's in the carphone warehouse now - or so their sign said ...

If not then disregard this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the v3x the 3g version of the v3, no the pink one

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_v3x-1120.php

Jus found out that Motorolla and also gonna release a v3i, same as v3 but with camera upgrade, bluetooth and screen upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

V3i has Motorola's version of iTunes on it too.

Been looking to buy a new V3 before Christmas but wanted to get either the V3i or V3x. Motorolas website is feckin crap, no info. I'd like to know when the phone is out, don't know why there's a big mystery about release dates like this :mad:

• Advertisement

Spoke to an agent from Motorola yesterday and he said they both phones should be released around the same time, around the end of the month. The v3x is in the country but the v3i isn't. The don't release any rrp as they don't sell direct to customers. According to the 3G store in Henry street, they are expectin the v3x shortly which will be available oon the 3 network, and presumably sim free. They never heard of the v3i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

coghlac3 wrote:
    They never heard of the v3i.
    Not surprising. Mobile Phone stores in Ireland suck - they all just want you to buy 18month old phones it seems and ignore the new stuff. The original V3 was an unusual exception that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

art wrote:
    Not surprising. Mobile Phone stores in Ireland suck - they all just want you to buy 18month old phones it seems and ignore the new stuff. The original V3 was an unusual exception that way.

Workin in a mobile shop in ireland i have to agree. Its not our fault behind the counter, its the twats up above who give us ****e all info on upcoming phones except to stick in pictues of em in catalogues and say "Coming soon."
    SOUND!!
    So make a mental note all, if theres NO DATE in the catalogue DONT ASK ME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

i saw it in toys four big boys last week. think vodafone will have it out for either xmas if not defo january. its not the nicest phone, its nearly double the width of the present v3..

yeah that's the v3x, wasn't impressed. Fingers crossed the v3i is okay, heard a rumour that it's gonna be a dark purple colour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

there is pics of it on gsmarena have you rvrn read the thread?lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

liamskater wrote:
    there is pics of it on gsmarena have you rvrn read the thread?lol

There are even some on the Motorola website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

According to the UK version of the Carphone Warehouse magazine for this month, the V3i will be out in the UK next month. The article says:
    The distinctive ultra-thin RAZR handset has been updated to include a 1.23 megapixel camera with an 8x digital zoom. You'll find a high-resolution colour screen inside, another colour screen outside, 12MB of built-in memory and a memory card slot for adding more.

Otherphones they list for next month's release (again, UK) are:

Nokia 6111 (a slidey-out phone like the Samsung D500)
    Nokia 6270 (looks like a 2MP camera version of the above)
    Samsung Z320i (3G O2 phone with i-mode and 1.3 MP camera)
    Sony Ericsson W900 (3G phone, 2MP camera, LED photo light and 470MB memory).

Advertisement