Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP!!!any brava mechanics?

Options
  • 06-11-2005 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Hi all ,i Have a fiat brava and yesterday the horn blows if door is slammed or going over bumps.
    Now what i did notice is the steering wheel pad which holds the air bag and horn press areas is lower on one side as if it has loosened or is there a spring gone? but if i stick a coin in the gap it wont blow unexpectadly.

Is this repair a big job?I presume pad needs to be removed and repositioned?and where does this leave the air bag,does it pop when pad is removed?

Anyone got any ideas?Or is there a fiat mechanic in cork willing to make a few bob?

Regards kieran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Its probably a spring gone or the contact part has collapsed. If your going at the airbag to remove it disconnect the battery first, also make sure you have the code for the radio before you disconnect the battery, its not a big deal really, the airbag won't go off when you disconnect the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭kmb

Have you done these before?Would you be interested in doing it or will i contact fiat in glanmire?

Kind REgards kieran

Yes, I've done them many times before but to be honest I wouldn't be rushing to a main dealer to get it fixed, especially that one in Glanmire. My sister has an Alfa GTV and took it up to get a similar job done on it a few years ago and when we went up to collect it we found the car with half the dash removed and they couldn't fix it. The only way to get the car out was to pay the b******s 860euros for their labour and I ended up putting the mess back together, it later transpired that all that was wrong was a broken wire in the steering assembly, a twenty minute job that took three hours to put back all the other stuff that they took out. Anyway, forgive my rant, if I was you take it to some mechanic that you know or if your badly stuck i'll fix it for you but I really don't want to be getting work through "Boards.ie".

Hi junkyard,Dont know what to do now,is it a big job to fix this,ie 2-3 hours or is it a simple 30 minute job for someone who knows whats, what?

Do you know any mechanics around carrigaline who might tackle this or anywhere else.Willingly to travel if it means not getting screwed on costs.

Kind Regards, kieran

You could try Paul Hogan Motors in Rafeen 0214378942 as he's near to you and I don't think its a big job.

• Advertisement

Ya,I dealt with him before,will give him a ring.Thanks.

Kind Regards,
    kieran

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

If you can get yourself up to Millstreet, Colemans are excellent to deal with. Labour rates are half what you'll pay in the city.

Hi junkyard,By your name tag,does that mean you work in a car dismantlers?Or am i on the wrong track?Basically from phone calls i am told i need the back springs from the airbag.

If you are in this line of business and have what i want maybe you can pm details etc with price and i will collect,if not it looks like i need to pay 480€+vat for airbag or pick up a stering wheel complete in a breakers but pouladufff want €175 for one.All for the sakes of a few springs which fiat dont sell seperately,i asked oldchapel,lee garage & grandons.

A guy working for paul is checking things out for me as weather was bad today but i need to get this sorted asap as the wind believe it or not set the horn off at lunch time!!

regards kieran

Advertisement