Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pistol! Need some input

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Nema wrote:
    6k on a gun is not mad
    Well, while up to about €2k I could understand, I'm not entirely sure what you're getting for the €6k. I mean, is that for the gun, a lot of equipment (sights, tools, carrying cases, glasses, shoes, etc, etc) and some ammo, or is that just the gun itself?

'Cos for €6k, you could get a damn fine pistol, fully set yourself up with the bits and bobs that you'd use with it, get a brick of ammo, a small library on shooting technique and send yourself off to the UK for a training course or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

Look at youre PM man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Originally Posted by Sparks:
    'Cos for €6k, you could get a damn fine pistol, fully set yourself up with the bits and bobs that you'd use with it, get a brick of ammo, a small library on shooting technique and send yourself off to the UK for a training course or two.

You left out buying some land and bulding a range :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You left out buying some land and bulding a range
    Er, no, that'd need a few more zeros unless you're talking about a 10m range. You could set one of those up for a few hundred, if you had a suitable room allready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

Sparks i sent you a PM, :D

Also thanks to all for all youre input some was off topic and some was wired but thanks anyways :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭jeffshc1

I have a Springfield 1911 with 2 clips.
    Guess I could let it go for, oh, 2 grand.;)
    Minding all legalities of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

For those who have Bobs to burn[under 10k need not apply]:D
    www.holland&holland.co.uk
    www.purdey.co.uk

Advertisement