Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question

• 06-11-2005 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

This probably sounds very stupid but what exactly does it mean to have your hair stripped

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

It basically means to have it stripped of any colour you've put in it, involves bleaching and is very damaging to your hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

If you only did it once would it be that bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I imagine it would weaken the hair as you're stripping it of its pigment. It would probably leave your hair very dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

did u have blonde highlights in dark hair? i think if u wanted to get you hair dark again, u would have to get the blonde 'stripped' first. i have never had blonde highlights so im no expert!

If you only did it once would it be that bad?
    Generally speaking, yes. It would make your hair dry and straw-like. Maybe there are exceptions but anyone I know who's had it done has had nothing but bad reports on it (and apart from anything else, their hair has looked dry and horrible).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I got my hair stripped of blonde two weeks ago. I was platinum blonde for years - now im dark brown with t-bar highlights. My hair has never been in better condition! Blonde just dries your hair like straw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I don't dye my hair I put in very weak bleach months ago but my hair has probably only grown 2 inches since last June and I am sick and tired of waiting for it to grow out and I don't want to start dyeing my hair.My hair looks terrible because its a bit longer then halfway down my back and the roots are terrible.It could be worse if i had black hair but luckily mine is light brown and get natural highlights in the summer.So basically it leaves your hair in rag order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

it's basically a LOT of peroxide to "strip" all colour from your hair and will dry it to fcuk, correct me if I'm wrong

~Leanne~ wrote:
    Blonde just dries your hair like straw!
    That's the bleach needed to dye darker hair blonde, not the colour blonde itself. Your hair has "never been in better condition" because you're not bleaching it so much anymore, not because you had it stripped.

Advertisement