Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure if this should go here (web design)...

Options
  • 06-11-2005 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if I should post this here or not, cos it's web design, not programming as such.

But anyway, I'm gonna start a little website, and I'd like to have on a page, a map of Ireland divided into counties, and when you hover over a county, you can click on it and it sends you to a different page. So basically, I want the map to link you to different pages.

Anybody know how I might do this? Can you link me to a tutorial please?

I'm pretty sure I'd need to use Flash for this... but I'm not very good at Flash unforunately, lol. I could follow a tutorial, though, so if anyone can point me in the direction, that'd be great.

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

An image map is probably what you need, no need for flash. Type "image map tutorial" into google and you should get some hits. Its basically the ability to divide and image into regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

www.ireland.ie

has a nice image map that does the exact thing you are talking of doing.

Advertisement