Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getafe Barca

• 06-11-2005 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching this? Barca 3-1 up, they were 3-0 up and without being spectacular had controlled the game and looking good as always, but in the last few mintues Getafe just got an absolute screamer. You have to see it, on the volley from just outside near the corner of the box, the perfect execution of a volley. Incredible goal, but Barca march on again. They'll take some beating in league and Europe this year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

And Messi nearly rounds up a team goal that would probably have been even better :D

He looks absolutley incredible, and still only 18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Great goal for Getafe but I'm annoyed they scored it.
    Would have been Barca's sixth consecutive clean sheet had it not gone in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

They really seem to be playing total football at the moment. Somehow, I dont think they will do it in Europe again though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Makaveli wrote:
    Great goal for Getafe but I'm annoyed they scored it.
    Would have been Barca's sixth consecutive clean sheet had it not gone in.

Yeah, but they had to let one in eventually, and what better way to do it :)

Barca are so much more solid defencively now than before. I'd put alot of that down to Van Bommel as much as anything tbh, they've a better chance of winning the champions league this season than last and I really, really hope they do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The goals they were leaking were due to Edmilson the majoirty of the time. He is a liability in the back four but as a holding midfielder he does a decent job. When Marquez plays Barca tend to be very solid, and with Oleguer covering on the right for the injured Belletti they are far more compact and solid at the back and hence they've stopped leaking as many silly goals as they were doing.
    1 conceeded in the CL 11 scored.
    11 conceeded in La Liga 27 scored.

I think they can retain the league this season and are in with a good shout of winning the CL. If they can keep injury free they have enough depth in the squad to go the distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Does anyone have a video of this goal? I saw it on tv last night but would love to be able to show a video of it to the lads at work. Goal of the year already.

Advertisement