Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The other side of Cynic

• 06-11-2005 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

I was browsing through wikipedia today and was looking through Death's entry and noticed that Sean Reinert and Paul Masvidal are in another band called Aeon Spoke. I listened to a couple of the mp3s on their site, very different to Cynic and Death. All acoustic guitars and gentle melodies. Interesting enough I thought. Anyone here have any of their CDs? Any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I have the mp3s they host on their site.

I dunno, I don't really dig it. Not because it's not Cynic obviously, I just can't find anything to recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Just listening to the Mp3's on that site there, I'm liking it alot !!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Got the album ages ago. It has nothing to do with Cynic other than featuring Sean and Paul. It's not Metal, not even close.

It's kind of mournful, melodic acoustic pop. Good, but when you think that two of the most talented musicians I've ever known play in it you can't help but feel a great sense of loss :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Have the mp3's from the site, good songs in their own rights, but compared to what the lads can do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I think it's nice to hear musicians branch out though. If they did the same stuff over and over again it would be a bit tedious. I don't mean that in a Strokes way but I think it's the sign of a great musician to be able to play in any field of music. Whilst the songs technically aren't tough, it is tough to write a good pop song with meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Doctor J wrote:
    Got the album ages ago. It has nothing to do with Cynic other than featuring Sean and Paul. It's not Metal, not even close.

It's kind of mournful, melodic acoustic pop. Good, but when you think that two of the most talented musicians I've ever known play in it you can't help but feel a great sense of loss :(
    I agree with Doctor J completly, It's ok but I just think they're better than that. A lot better.

Advertisement