Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry v1.33 Patch problem / Rant

Options
  • 07-11-2005 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi all

I was wondering could anybody in here shed some light on a frankly infuriating problem. I have Far Cry for the PC, and being the diligent and knowledgeable software engineer that I am, I installed the newest patch for the game.

Now, forgive my sarcasm but to my knowledge, patches are supposed to fix problems with a game, as opposed to breaking it even further. When I start the game, it loads for a bit, then that ominous Windows error noise sounds and a box pops up proclaiming Cryengine Error! Cannot load Crygame.dll : error 126. Has anybody experienced, or better yet, figured out a way to fix this problem without

A: Going through the ludicrous process of uninstalling all the patches and then the game in the reverse order to the one you installed them in as Ubisoft suggest. Because, like, of course Im going to remember such a thing (!)

B: Reinstalling the game for a 4th time as I am begrudingly considering doing /editing the Windows registry manually.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

PS: This **** happens WAY too often with modern software. I or anybody else shouldn't have to waste an evening trying to fix problems caused by the laziness/incompetence of the programmers involved. Long live open source...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You update your drivers?

What graphics card you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is there an all inclusive patch for the game? Or do you have to install them one after the other? I know one of the patches included HDR so ATI HAD to include it in the catalysts about 5.1s onwards.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yeah, the patches add features, not just fix bugs, I seem to recall it be ing full of warnings about making sure your system was compatible with it. Try latest graphics drivers as suggested.

Advertisement