Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Divers- Name & Shame

2»

Comments

eirebhoy wrote:
    You can't expect us to take your post seriously after mentioning him? He's the opposite to diver.

its not that ronaldinho dives as such he just goes down like a sack of sh*t and just moans like a gobs*ite when he is fouled and starts looking to the ref with a 'im ronadinho ffs! Sure you'll have to give ME a free', expression on his face regardless of whether the challenge is fair or not. granted many more are ignorant enough with him. I honestly cannot stand the W**nker though

john kennedy of celtic took the ball firstly but him also i remember one time and he looked at the ref as if to say, 'what are you going to do about it?' time and time again he done it v chelsea last year though he took a few as well to be fair. If he was fouled then fair enough but normally its a run of the mill fair albeit physical challenge he gets.

hes a class player but drives me nuts..oh we forgot to mention michael ballack or who could forget rivaldos oscar winning WC02 performance v turkey in brazils first game.. incredible!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

its not that ronaldinho dives as such he just goes down like a sack of sh*t and just moans like a gobs*ite when he is fouled and starts looking to the ref with a 'im ronadinho ffs! Sure you'll have to give ME a free', expression on his face regardless of whether the challenge is fair or not. granted many more are ignorant enough with him. I honestly cannot stand the W**nker though
    One of the main reasons I like him so much is that he gets the ****e beaten out of him and rarely goes down. example:
    http://video.ronaldinho10.com/barcelone/gestes2/roulette_espanyol_ronaldinho10.com.wmv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Lemlin wrote:
    Can't think of a Blackburn player who dives TBH. Think if he did, he'd be ridiculed by the rest of the team :)
    Dickov!!! Cant stand duff, people who are defending him...who are you kidding? If a player is within a metre radius i can predict that hes going to fall with his premeditated arms out so i dont hurt myself while falling to the ground technique. It gets quite annoying just watching him fall, yes fall...hes not fouled, he just falls down non stop! Drogba...anyone see him yesterday? haha that was bloody hilarious, he won the ball but an arm was near him...So he pulls off the sniper in the crowd routine, lavvitt! Sissoko was acting like a right ponse against villa at the weekend, i was actually laughing at a guy his size trying to dive, absolute joke. Van nistelrooy is like drogba but a good bit less theatrical. Pires is a diver, who suprisingly isnt as bad as some of the current gold medalists, he seems to have changed since the wind changed in one horrible horrible day :D. Got to love how the theatrical divers dont seem to know where to hold, they would be pushed over and be holding there knee with one hand and the face with the other. One way to eliminate the diver, give him something to moan about, or if hes going to fall, make sure you help him fall, faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Davei141 wrote:
    Dickov!!! Cant stand duff, people who are defending him...who are you kidding?
    That's what bias does, its not something we choose. :) We're all Irish. He goes down easily to win freekicks but so do 99% of players to win penalties. If you scored the amount of goals Chelsea do from set pieces you'll be trying to get as many as possible. I don't think its a coincedence that Deco rarely dives since he's not managed by Mourinho anymore. Porto were disgraceful against Celtic in the UEFA cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

eirebhoy wrote:
    That's what bias does, its not something we choose. :) We're all Irish. He goes down easily to win freekicks but so do 99% of players to win penalties. If you scored the amount of goals Chelsea do from set pieces you'll be trying to get as many as possible. I don't think its a coincedence that Deco rarely dives since he's not managed by Mourinho anymore. Porto were disgraceful against Celtic in the UEFA cup final.

And the next season in the CL. Deco can still be seen going down easily for Barca but under Mourinho it was just ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

divers have to be ronaldo
    pires(imo the worst of the lot)
    diouf

stay on their feet alan smith
    shearer
    crouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think most people would admit that van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo are two of the worst. Honourable mentions to Didier Drogba and Robert Pires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Can't believe someones mentioned Ronaldinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

After last night, Spit the Diouf has replaced Robbie Savage as my most detested player in the English game.

Robbie Keane annoys me as well, both for ireland and Spurs, mainly because he's so s*it at doing it! Who is ever gonna fall for Robbie's Platoon routine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Davei141 wrote:
    Dickov!!! Cant stand duff, people who are defending him...who are you kidding? If a player is within a metre radius i can predict that hes going to fall with his premeditated arms out so i dont hurt myself while falling to the ground technique. It gets quite annoying just watching him fall, yes fall...hes not fouled, he just falls down non stop! Drogba...anyone see him yesterday? haha that was bloody hilarious, he won the ball but an arm was near him...So he pulls off the sniper in the crowd routine, lavvitt! Sissoko was acting like a right ponse against villa at the weekend, i was actually laughing at a guy his size trying to dive, absolute joke. Van nistelrooy is like drogba but a good bit less theatrical. Pires is a diver, who suprisingly isnt as bad as some of the current gold medalists, he seems to have changed since the wind changed in one horrible horrible day :D. Got to love how the theatrical divers dont seem to know where to hold, they would be pushed over and be holding there knee with one hand and the face with the other. One way to eliminate the diver, give him something to moan about, or if hes going to fall, make sure you help him fall, faster.

Dickov tends to be just as physical to centre backs as they are to him. Probably why he's earned the name "pest". I can't think of any occasions where he has dived though.
    Robbie Savage! Total fecking cheat if also a hard-working one!

There's a difference between diving and just plain over acting. Savage is guilty of overacting and doing his best to wind up the opposition but not of diving IMO.

Blackburn went a full season without a single penalty (2003-2004) so if they have divers, maybe they need some lessons.

Dickov tends to be just as physical to centre backs as they are to him. Probably why he's earned the name "pest". I can't think of any occasions where he has dived though.

The peno where he just fell in the box, and he was asking for the peno while falling ;). Wasnt long ago.

Davei141 wrote:
    The peno where he just fell in the box, and he was asking for the peno while falling ;). Wasnt long ago.

Perhaps if you could specify a game it would be nice :)

The last penalty Blackburn got was against Chelsea and Zurab won that.

bucks73 wrote:
    And the next season in the CL. Deco can still be seen going down easily for Barca but under Mourinho it was just ridiculous.

ha ha and didnt mourinho get into a right miff when deco dived in the nou camp last season. oh the irony!!!!

Slash/ED wrote:
    Can't believe someones mentioned Ronaldinho

bad example i suppose.

he doesnt dive as such but it just gets on my nerves the way he looks up at the ref when he is uppended.

Lemlin wrote:
    Perhaps if you could specify a game it would be nice :)

The last penalty Blackburn got was against Chelsea and Zurab won that.
    It was against birmingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

nobody in the blackburn rovers team dives :)

we're normally the ones people are diving over :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

whoever the player was for pats against rovers, when gavin mcdonnell reacted and pushed him he got sent off, but blatent dive in the 1st place

Davei141 wrote:
    It was against birmingham.

Dickov didn't dive. Upson was pulling him and, as far as I remember, he didn't even fall. The referee blew for it because of the pulling. It was like the peno Ireland won in the World Cup against Spain.

Advertisement