Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar is now over 21`s!

Options
  • 07-11-2005 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Haha! class I`m delighted. I had told everyone tht I was`nt going to go there ever again. Now it gives them an excyse not to go either and find a new cooler place to go.

I wonder how long it will last though? Afterall most of their clintelle were between the ages of 17-21. I say the place will be empty now.

I presume they must`ve got into trouble for letting in people underage (but why "punish" the ppl who are over 18, just sak the bouncers imo) or are trying to keep up with The Palace but I really have no idea why they have chosen to take such a move. Anyone know why?

I say Molloys are laughing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Well glad i have an excuse to :o , not the most kosher place. That spot down a few paces is much nicer, malloys i think its called :D. That 7euro for 2 cocktails is wonderful, just wonderful :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I hate Solar. Went to the Palace Bank Holiday weekend and had a ball! Free in etc and no standing in queues, what more could ya want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Was there on Saturday night and it was the emptiest I ever saw it.
    Sunday was worse I was told.

Dosn't affect me as I'm over twenty one.
    But I do find that Molloy's is a better pub and the drink deals are great!

Ste- wrote:
    Was there on Saturday night and it was the emptiest I ever saw it.
    Sunday was worse I was told.

Dosn't affect me as I'm over twenty one.
    But I do find that Molloy's is a better pub and the drink deals are great!

Ye, when some mentioned you could get 2 cocktails for 7euro i called BS. Little did i no how wrong i was and how lovely they all are :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ice Baby

Havent been to Solar in ages not that big of a fan of it,what are akll the little scumbags goina do now!!!but i hear what your saying its not fair to punish those who are 18 ,
    they must be trying to keep up with the palace, havent been yet whats it like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I heard its a cynical attempt to get the oldies back in before xmas!!

It gonna hurt them badly buisness wise, i would say at least 50-60% of the people who went where between 18 and 21. Why dont they just get bouncers that no what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I got the inside scoop
    Apparently a few weeks ago there was a riot involving 5 women, when the gardai came, it turned out they were underage! So they've since put the limit up and become even bigger scum bags!
    I was in there on saturday and it was dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Solar has had its day- just like most clubs that aren't in cities seem to have. They are mad busy for approx. 5-7 years, then die off. It wont be too long before it is closed down Id say. Could make way for a five star hotel? The owners own another property in the centre of Navan and are supposed to be turning that into a nightclub. Navan has only 2 nightclubs for a population 25,000+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

dundalk have 4..ridiculous!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zenaprincess

Navan is **** to go out in. Palace is to packed, Solar is dead and taboo is were all the under age go now.

I can't believe you are talking up Mollays it is full off scumbags, i wouldn't go there if you paid me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Navan is **** to go out in. Palace is to packed, Solar is dead and taboo is were all the under age go now.

I can't believe you are talking up Mollays it is full off scumbags, i wouldn't go there if you paid me.

the thread is 2 years old, things change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 taboo.ie

Taboo is now strictly over 21s ....New head doorman... new policy...enjoy!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 barryjohnlee

wa in solar last night and it was rubbish...they had the heating on and it was sweltering... full of foreigners...full of 17 and 18 yr olds..they just dont seem to care:mad::(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

Was there the other night. It was jammed!! And it's been renovated so no more smelly carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Have to say, Solar is "the place to be" in Navan now,
    no more kids in there, much nicer the the old Solar as its fresh and modern.
    Music is great too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Have to say, Solar is "the place to be" in Navan now,
    no more kids in there, much nicer the the old Solar as its fresh and modern.
    Music is great too

Says bitemybanger... who works in solar! :)

Advertisement