Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

prog house

• 07-11-2005 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Any old skool prog house fans here and wat is your bread and butter?

Comments

a bit of dave seaman, fairly tasty stuff
    i usually listen to di.fm, click on the progressive channel, nearly always great sounds

http://www.di.fm/ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Gar81 wrote:
    Any old skool prog house fans here and wat is your bread and butter?

Is there such a thing as old skool prog house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Is prog house the music that destroyed clubs around Ireland and the UK about 5 years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Gar81

how did it destroy clubs??? I'd luv to know unless u are confussing it wit something else, as for old skool i mean early 90's to about 98/99 before cheezy commercial **** stole some ideas and probably done wat Base is on about!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Is that like the stuff thats on Sasha and Digweed's Renaissance compilation?. Because thats the most boring ****e I've ever had to endure.

• Advertisement

but have u tried sasha and digweeds northern exposure compilations, some good **** on those, even the first one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

how did it destroy clubs???

People stopped going to clubs because the music was ****. Thats how.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭MrO

mcgovern wrote:
    Is there such a thing as old skool prog house?

Well, Leftfield used to be labelled prog house in the mid-ninties so 10years on it could be considered old school :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Gar81 wrote:
    but have u tried sasha and digweeds northern exposure compilations, some good **** on those, even the first one

now your talking, one of all time favourite cds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'd say I've seen Nick Warren and John Digweed more often than any other DJ tbh. These days I'd be more into the likes of Satoshi Tomiie, Infusion, Lexicon Avenue, Luke Chable and a bit of Sander Kleinenberg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Gar81 wrote:

Have the 1st Northern Exposure on Vinyl - one of my treasured possessions

HardtoFind records (htfr.com) say: "Probably one of the most collectable sasha & digweed mix compilations ever. Four albums of unmixed trance and progressive house classics with a few ambients tracks for good measure. Extremely rare on vinyl"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

The second Northern Exposure is one of my favourites.

Well Base seems to think it ruined clubs!!!! problem was it was rarely played in irish clubs when that sort of prog house was about, maybe i should ask, wat ur cup of tea Base???

Advertisement