Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X360s in Irish shops now

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PlayaFlow wrote:
    ok lets not get off course here . As oyu said yourself consoles WERE designed for children , but not anymore.
    I just didint agree with kdjac as he sated his opinion as it was fact.
    a bad move by microsoft as if he knows better than hired professionals.

his post: rubbish opinion passed of as fact in order to sound intellectual.

my post : offensive ok ill admit , but i stated fact , therfore im right!

LOL you do know God hates fanboys?

Consoles ARE toys, and most of which are played in bedrooms NOT on HDtvs and designing one to be played on one with limited support for non HDtvs is a bad move. And it doesnt take a hired professional to figure that out.

Why is it bad move as alleged by Msft to get the best out of the system you need a HDTV, how much is the penetration of HDtvs ,rather small anywhere outside the US and japan. How small is the penetration of HDtvs as secondary tvs in bedrooms well im guessing in my unhired professional opinion its really really small.

Again god hates fanboys who assume that a new feature on a console that instantly wipes out half your established user base is a good thing.

Oh another LOL moment about your hired professional thing, is losing 5 billion or so on a console something that hired professional would recomend :eek:

I stated fact that 1 Not a lot of people have HDtvs 2 Losing 5 billion is a bad thing. Am i right now?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

KdjaC wrote:
    LOL you do know God hates fanboys?

Consoles ARE toys, and most of which are played in bedrooms NOT on HDtvs and designing one to be played on one with limited support for non HDtvs is a bad move. And it doesnt take a hired professional to figure that out.

Why is it bad move as alleged by Msft to get the best out of the system you need a HDTV, how much is the penetration of HDtvs ,rather small anywhere outside the US and japan. How small is the penetration of HDtvs as secondary tvs in bedrooms well im guessing in my unhired professional opinion its really really small.

Again god hates fanboys who assume that a new feature on a console that instantly wipes out half your established user base is a good thing.

Oh another LOL moment about your hired professional thing, is losing 5 billion or so on a console something that hired professional would recomend :eek:

I stated fact that 1 Not a lot of people have HDtvs 2 Losing 5 billion is a bad thing. Am i right now?

kdjac

Losing money on the first system was part of the comitment Microsoft made to getting a foothold and it's paying off now. Sony have hardly been unsuccessful with their approach to Consoles either and they're giving more hi-def support than MS. The home entertainment market is huge, the key demographic of games these days is not kids and hasn't been for a while. By the end of this generation I'd say the vast majority of consoles wil be sitting under HDTVs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

^absolutley correct.

The whole notion of consoles being played on a 14" tv in the bedroom of some nerdlinger has been abandoned since the introduction of more versatile consoles that can be subsititues for DVD players , connect to the net , used as media centres etc.

My point was that i know a lot of people who own such consoles and they are not kids and the console is sitting in the living room.

And if a new console requires a HDTV for optimum performance so what? ..its called advancement.

And its not exactly as if it wont play on a standard def. TV . So again i dont agree with you saying that they have abandonned 50% of their user base. id be certain that all previous Xbox owners will be buying this system - and yes even those without HDTV's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well I'm getting a 360 to play on a piddly 14" Philips T.V, I can't afford to buy a HDTV as my surname isn't Abramovich.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Laguna wrote:
    Well I'm getting a 360 to play on a piddly 14" Philips T.V, I can't afford to buy a HDTV as my surname isn't Abramovich.

I got a bank loan for my HDTV. Once microsoft put the idea in my head there was no resting til I had the thing in my living room. It's like a new member of the family now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

Apparently that demo of COD 2 in gamestop doesn't represent what it will look like, they said the demo was shipped with the graphics for the game were only 60% complete

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

BrenC wrote:
    Apparently that demo of COD 2 in gamestop doesn't represent what it will look like, they said the demo was shipped with the graphics for the game were only 60% complete

That would be a really retarded thing to do. Those pods are to entice people to buy them. That is at least 95% of the graphics if not 100%.

Advertisement