Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average waiting time of IOLBB

• 07-11-2005 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

How long were you waiting to get your line enabled? I just ordered on Friday. Forgot to ask. I have a router / modem already, so that's not a bottleneck.

Apologies if this has been asked already. No searchy searchy. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

11 weeks and a day...

after i cancelled my utv clicksilver trial, that's how long it took to get BB back with BT Ireland

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Leave your router/modem connected, when you see upstream/downstream phone them and look for login details :)
    Well thats what I did, they eventually gave me a modem 4 weeks later as their system finally showed my line enabled :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

it took me around 10 weeks from making the first call to BT to getting my connection setup. God damn cabaal if I'd read your post earlier I would have set up the spare modem and probably had internet for the last while. The reason I was delayed for the 2 and a half months was because I needed to pay them a deposit but they never sent the request to my home. I read on boards that they often wait for a deposit before giving you bb so I rang them up and was able to pay with a credit card. 3 weeks after that I was in business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Yogiincork

Khannie wrote:
    How long were you waiting to get your line enabled? I just ordered on Friday. Forgot to ask. I have a router / modem already, so that's not a bottleneck.

Apologies if this has been asked already. No searchy searchy. :(

All I can say: it takes LOOOOOOOOOONG time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I had mine within 2 weeks of ordering, but that was in June before the current offers so there may have been less demand at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Jebus. Thought we'd be looking at days. I placed the order last friday. Been checking the line every day with my own router and no joy so far. :(

Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement