Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big One Tonight - Who you Got?

• 07-11-2005 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Big one tonight.

The Colts have the best record, and tightest defense in the league going into this game, while New England are barriaged with injuries and are performing to a degree of averageness it could be argued, when you consider their record of 4-3.

That being said, you can through every statistic out the window going into this game, except for the following - Indianapois in New England: 0-7.

This is probably going to be their strongest chance to break that duck, and just for that reason (and the big game status that cirfumferences this clash), you simply have to put your money on Brady pulling out the victory. WHen the chips are down, this guy finds it near impossible to lose. If the Colts had had a record of 4-4 or something in Foxborough, and both teams' forms had been as they are now, then yes, you could probably deem this an Indi banker, but once the stakes are raised it's Brady all the way for me.

Let's also not forget, that Indy, while looking awesome at 7-0, had a much easier first 7 games than New England. Any team worth their p*** should be beating a struggling Baltimore, Tennesse, Houston and San Francisco on the road, and mopping up the likes of a poor St. Louis and Cleveland team at home. New England, on the other hand, look fairy stable for their 4-3, considering their road games took them to the likes of Denver, Pittsburgh and Atlanta and they had to host an impressive San Diego team to boot. So you really have to look at this game, objective from the form that the teams have shown thus far this year.

My prediction is that New England will win a battle this evening, and go on to finish at least 10-6 for the season. The Colts should comfortably hold on to their division, but it will all depend on whether they do an Arsenal and crumble following an undefeated streak piercing loss. With games against Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, San Diego and Seattle on the horizons for them, they certainly won't get many favours.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

0 - 7
    :D

Colts look good but their season always unravels after the pats game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I really shouldn't type so many stats so early on a Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

oops...sorry i meant that they be 0-7 after tonights game. :o:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Right I checked it out:

Manning vs. Patriots in New England: 0-7
    Brady vs. Colts in New England: 6-0

Unless I've been mislead!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Still reckon its the colts to win by 4

edit/ in defence of stl, we were ahead in that game and looking good before bulger got injured thank you very much ;D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'll go for the pats to pull it out of the bag by 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Colts will win this one, it will be tight but im backing the colts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Colts by a handful, less than 45 points in the game.

Advertisement