Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia PC suite not connecting

• 07-11-2005 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Howyiz,

I got a 6680 a few days ago and installed the software on my home PC. All went smoothly and quickly. I am trying to set it up in work now and while the software installs ok when I try to connect the phone using the wizard it prompts me to select the connection method (DKU2 usb cable) then connect the phone and wait for the drivers to install. Then it just sits there and nothing happens. The windows egg timer appears on the cursor when I hover it over the window but nothing more happens.

I plugged the phone and cable into a colleague's PC with the Nokia s/w on it and it recognized the phone straight away. Has anybody come accross this problem before? It seems unlikely to be the USB port as my mouse works ok and I have tried it in a number of ports, including the one the mouse was plugged into, to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

hiya

i had similar problems... a bit flaky

for a start get the latest version of pc suite. that helps a lot:
    http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,72014,00.html

ocassionally however it still has hangs up like u describe

i can't get bluetooth connectivity to work at all beyond a password handshake

Advertisement