Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site review/critique

Options
  • 07-11-2005 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if you "kind" people would critique a new version of a site of mine

www.vertigoproductions.biz - and as always, I prefer the brutal truth :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

I like it, nice logo also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Looks good, the only thing I would say is the site looks a bit lost on my resolution [ Screenshot ].

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Serbian wrote:
    Looks good, the only thing I would say is the site looks a bit lost on my resolution [ Screenshot ].
    Same here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

what res are you two running, I am running 1280 x 1024 and it doesnt look as lost as that - probably due to myself having more toolbars and tabs open :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I'm on the same resolution and think it looks "lost" too. The only other think is that it's a bit heavy on the text side on some pages. Eg. the home page takes a bit of reading to figure out what the site is. Nice and simple, nice logo!

.cg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Peter

I'm running at that resolution and I don't have any extra toolbars.. so it looks lost - sorry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭denhamd2

Yes I think it'd probably be fine for 640x480 resolutions but not many people use them any more. A few simple CSS width modifications should fix this. I like the logo, simple to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

cgarvey wrote:
    I'm on the same resolution and think it looks "lost" too. The only other think is that it's a bit heavy on the text side on some pages. Eg. the home page takes a bit of reading to figure out what the site is. Nice and simple, nice logo!

.cg

Yeah, maybe "Vertigo:productions web design" or something.

Also, if you are selling web design, is it a good idea to make it obvious that someone else did your design?

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

well the wording of the site has to be changed, that is the one thing that is key from the critique I have recieved

thanks for all who gave me some food for thought

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement