Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updates

Options
  • 07-11-2005 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

I havent logged on to WoW in about 4 months and had deleted the game from my computer. I'm going to reinstall tonight and want to try and get the patches as quickly as possible instead of using that poxy downloader.

Does anyone have any recommendations of where to get the updates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭spritey

You only need to download the 1.8 patch, so TBH using the downloader might be easiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Its soooooo feckin slow though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ive noticed that the updates take forever when a new patch has just been released, but when you download them at, say, the weekend on a clean install of the game, it doesnt take long. I installed it on my home PC at the weekend cos we just got eircom broadband, and it took about an hour for 252Mb. You cant complain about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Draupnir wrote:
    Its soooooo feckin slow though!

That's because of your router or firewall. I have no problems and download it at about 320k :D

I have no firewall and have opened all the necessary ports on my router and have also forwarded the ports through the NAT on my modem.

No worries anyway, I got a link and am now the owner of a shiny Level 8 Dwarf Paladin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Paladin??? get out while you still can!!!

ah no seriously, they are great (if slightly overpowered) until you get to the lvl 40 mark, then they go downhill. very slight increase to dps, buti suppose they can outlive anything else in a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Blegh paladins. I mostly dislike them because several times now they've shielded and hearthed right in front of me. Cowards!

to be honest, i dont really understand most of that! I got a Night Elf druid to level 34 last time I played but got crazy bored at that stage due to having nobody to interact with one the server.

my mate started the other night so i joined his server to try and get back into it.

both of us are dwarf paladins so we have been doing some serious damage for the time being, might run into trouble without a primary healer at higher levels.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

paladins are good until about lvl45, but once they pass that point, they arent a huge threat. they can be played very well, but its no where near as easy as it is up until that point. but as with all classes, they can be very good in the right hands.

as for the shield +hearthstone, i only think its cowardly if its 1vs1, or maybe 1vs2 and he runs. alot of people complain in the official forums that pally's shield+hs instead of being killed by a group...and too right. why stay and be ganked, when you can just hs back to IF (or wherever you have it set)

but yes, doing it when its a fair fight is cowardly.

really tempted to start back soon with a horde druid. just need to sort out broadband first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Tbh its not a great idea to be the same class as the person your playing with.
    You can get through the game faster if you have a difference in classes, and also if say a mace with uber int drops ye will both be fighting over it. Whereas if one of you was say, a mage, if a nice cloth armor piece dropped aswell ye'd both get something and the cloth wouldn't go to waste.

Unless of course one of you is going to be a tank and the other a healer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭spritey

I had a great time last night. Lvl 19 druid and a Lvl 23 Rogue - we made quite a good team because we both had ranged attacks and when things got melee I could go bearform and stand up to it. I died a couple of times more than he did though due to my lower levels, need to catch up... plus I can heal and buff! Druids ftw ;)

Still, I'm lvl 20 now so I can get catform, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

spritey wrote:
    I had a great time last night. Lvl 19 druid and a Lvl 23 Rogue - we made quite a good team because we both had ranged attacks and when things got melee I could go bearform and stand up to it. I died a couple of times more than he did though due to my lower levels, need to catch up... plus I can heal and buff! Druids ftw ;)

Still, I'm lvl 20 now so I can get catform, yay!
    Ghostwolf at 20, Windfury at 30! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

koneko wrote:
    Blegh paladins. I mostly dislike them because several times now they've shielded and hearthed right in front of me. Cowards!
    I hate the fact that they are the best defenders in AB, apart from goddamn shadowmeld hunters.

Advertisement