Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take for a new line to get a pass?

• 07-11-2005 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭

Simple as that really!

I had my line installed on Friday 4 November (after 6 months of waiting, but that's another story). It's currently showing as a fail on Netsource, but that was tested on the 4th which was probably before the line was even turned on.

Eircom are saying their "oh, wait about a week, and ring us back" - does anyone know either how often the tests happen, or how I can get someone to trigger a new test?

I should be OK for broadband - my neighbour's line passes with no problems.

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Lines are tested once a month and the online database is updated.
    Ring Eircom and get them to do a proper test for you. Make sure you have nothing except an ordinary standard phone plugged in when you ring them and for a few days after.
    BTW, your neighbours line passing does not guarantee yours will. Lets hope thats not the case.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Thanks, I'll give them a few days and ring back and get them to do a proper test. Any idea what exactly I should ask for?

I spoke to the project manager who was responsible for putting the line in and he said that there shouldn't be a problem with getting broadband there. Just have to keep fingers crossed for a while I guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Try netsource.ie. They have a line checker (well a connection into the line test database anyway) that will tell you if a linetest has happened and what its results are.

If theres no info then the line test has not run on your line yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Thanks Machalla. As I said in my original post, it's showing on Netsource.ie as a fail, but the test was carried out on the day my line was switched on - so I'd say that chances are that the "test" was done before the line was installed.

Does anyone know what exactly I should ask for to trigger a re-test?

Advertisement