Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Darkness - new single

• 07-11-2005 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Chorus:

We're on a one way ticket to hell and back.

one way. there. ... and back.

.... and, back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

its hurts.it is awful.

****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Oh my god the darkness are just terrible. never liked them. the disappeared for a while and i was hoping it was permanent but alas no there still haunting people with taste everywhere!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I like it. They're still taking the piss, which is good. I'd be interested in hearing what the new album's like.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I like it. They're still taking the piss, which is good. I'd be interested in hearing what the new album's like.
    The sound of one old joke being tenuously teased out past breaking point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

Wasn't there a thing about them not being able to write new songs. They had to get help from some guy who wrote for robbie williams i think. Gas! Terrible band, terrible song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭john^doyle

they seemed good when they first hit the scene, but most people have grown weary of them.

i heard theres been a lot of in-fighting within the band as they worked on their 2nd album and i can only imagine that album will be slated by every mag possible, they came up too fast and everyone got sick of them being on the cover of every magazine u looked at. backlash has started.

expect new song to scrape top 10, 2nd song to scrape top 30, they disappear for 3 years working on a third album and eventually the record label quietly announces they've been dropped. the world returns to equilibrium. see, i have it aaaaAAALLLL worked out :D

Robbo wrote:
    The sound of one old joke being tenuously teased out past breaking point?

Well, I guess I'll have to wait and hear. I'm not expecting anything radical but it's all in good fun.

They sacked the cool bassist though. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I think theres plenty of room in the world for the Darkness. Looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

The Darkness got very lucky. They came along taking the piss when no other bands like them existed. They are a fad and a pretty sh*t one at that. I f**kin' hate them.

(deep breaths, deep breaths)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

theres no doubt they are a one trick pony but whats wrong with a bit of fun now again?

Musically the songs are well worked and theres some great guitar playing. The album has got some genuinly excellent songs.

I wont be buying the next album, I must admit. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

I always gave them some time, mainly due to the novelty factor.

However then they replaced Bowie at Oxegen '04 and I held it against them. Not their fault though. But what was their fault was how they tried to stretch a 45min set (exactly their album) into a 90min gig slot. It was fecking tedious and really painful. Hate crimes were nearly committed.

This new album is a bad crap joke. They're dead in the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I loved the first album! Mind you not keen on this new song.

Jeezus, I just saw the video for this song the other day. It's awful.

Just crammed with so many bad ideas into one clip for a few cheap laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

absolutely appauling new single...absolutely infuriating new video, and i'm absolutely positive that if this is their fresh new offering from the new album, it will also SUCK to the highest degree, its a same they seem to think theres still a place for them in the world...

Advertisement