Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What sort of Necklace to get?

• 07-11-2005 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

OK. Am buying a necklace for the GF for Christmas. The thing is, she is fairly picky about jewellery, so I want to try to get something she'd like. Here is what I know to date:

1. Silver / White Gold is a big no-no
    2. Her hair is fairly dark, her skin can is brown-ish (pales somewhat in Winter)
    3. She tends to wear balck / brown suits for work
    4. She has been told by "Colour Me Beautiful" that she needs to dress with 'strong' colours - I've seen these on her and they really work.
    5. She should wear "rounded" cut tops, not v-necks.
    6. She likes things simple, but not plain - nothing OTT

What I am looking for is advice re: the sort of neckalce to get her. It will be gold, but should it be plain, or with some sort of pendant? What about a stone with it colour wise, what would be good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Sorry but gold has totally gone outta fashion! I had so many gold chains and when i put any one i just look like a chav!
    I have all silver jewellery and white gold now - look so much classier. Just my opinion though.
    You can get nice simple chains with her birthstone colour.
    Argos have a lovely selection - gone are the days of the cheap Elizabeth Duke stuff, some very classy stuff they have now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Thanks Leanne!

Gold might be gone outta fashion, but I am still not chancing silver! Also, her birthstone is Emerald, did look at that, but don't think the colour is right (never seen her in anything green ever). As for Argos - this girl uses Argos as a rference for everything - she'd know the piece straight off if I got her an Argos necklace!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

How does she feel about pearl necklaces?

Oh right well Argos is a no-go then! I suppose there are lots of different designs you could get like T-Bar chains, celtic designs, crosses etc, just take a wander around a few different jewellers.
    If you are in Dublin, Half-Price jewellers in Henry Street ( i think thats the street!) so fantastic stuff at fraction of cost price!

I was just waiting for some smart arse dimwit to make that comment.

• Advertisement

Thanks Leanne, will try them out. You could have something there with the celtic designs alright.

Genghis wrote:
    Thanks Leanne, will try them out. You could have something there with the celtic designs alright.
    Yes some designs are quite striking and can look more expensive then they actually are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Guv

The off the rails fashion show is in the rds sometime soon should have a selection of good items. You might find they will have special prices on offer and you may even pick up something unique off a small one person company etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

I know u said you weren't lookin at silver but if you change ur mind check out the newbridge stuff, looks the bizz and affordable too!!

http://www.newbridgesilverware.ie/

A lot tof their stuff is not pure silver, you get some lovely coloured stones in them aswell..

Thanks guys, still searching round, will find something soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭soph

defo something from the John Rocha range, the jewellery is fantastic, the gold is expensive enough, but is sooo gorgeous, its really simple and plain, and would go well with suits and dark clothes, also would look fab on dark skin!

heres one link :

http://www.jackmurphyjewellers.com/jewellery_brand.php?brand=John%20Rocha

the crosses are fab!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Going by what you have said with regards what she likes etc, your probably better off staying away from jewellery or else get her some dress jewellery, you can get some really nice stuff, the come in a range of colours... just a thought....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i love pilgrim jewellery. they have some really gorgeous stuff, but its not really gold/silver type stuff.

http://www.pilgrim.dk/Womens/en-GB/Home
    or
    http://www.artyfax.com/jewelery/pilgrim/pilgrim.htm

I've only ever found it over here in a shop in greystones, but i think someone told me theres somewhere in dundrum you can get it. I'm not sure if it would be everyones taste though!

Advertisement