Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Video on Projector

Options
  • 07-11-2005 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I was trying out a Hitachi CP S220 projector this weekend. It worked perfectly until I tried to show a video on it. The laptop, Dell Inspiron 2650, showed the video perfectly but it was not projected. The projector showed the desktop and Windows Media Player but only a black screen where the video should have been. I tried Intervideo Win DVD with the same result. I then tried a Powerpoint presentation in which I had embedded videos and which showed perfectly some months ago on the same laptop/projector. This time it showed the opening frame of the video but it didn't show the rest of it. I tried changing resolution etc., no change. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

I know exactly what the problem is as I have come accross it myself.

What you need to do when you have your laptop and projecor connected is to hold down fn and f8 (CRT/LCD), then release and do it again and the picture should then be only seen from the projector and the laptop is now black. To transfer it back just press fn and f8 (CRT/LCD) again.

Try this and see how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

hmm.. I dont think the problem is displaying the desktop on the projector.
    Its a overlay setting you need to set. I've not done it in a bit. But I think you need to go into the graphic card options. (right click on the desktop and got to properties) Once in there go to system. Then advanced. You should be able to find overlay options in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

Yep, that does it - thanks Maxwell. And I'll have a look at what you suggest Sutty. Thanks again.

Advertisement