Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Percolation Area Sizing

• 07-11-2005 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently received planning permission for a septic tank and percolation area on a single dwelling site.

I had the usual P-Tests etc done and these passed the criteria for the system. The engineer then submitted a drawing showing the MAXIMUM size of the percolation area but did not specify the EXACT size.

Does anybody know the relationship between the results of P-Tests and the size of the percolation area?

Cheers

Fred

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭oneillk

In order to get planning permission your engineer would have submitted a 'Site Characterisation Form'. This form contains the results of the percolation test and the engineers proposal for the mangement of waste water. i.e. a septic tank. percolation area and if necessary a treatment system. The engineer should also have stated the amount of piping required for the percolation area as a direct result of the test results.
    In other words, the size of perc area depend on the lenght of piping required and the engineer who carried out the test should have wrote it on the form and should be able to tell you with one quick check of the form.

kev

Advertisement