Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shamrock rovers vs Cork City

• 07-11-2005 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

an absolutely huge game for city tonight, a win is a must if they have genuine intentions of winning this league..

john o'flynn out again, stupid groin.. rico thinking about putting roy o'donovan back on the wing, and either wille bruton or denis behan up front with neal fenn..

rovers will be up for this big time...

i'm praying for a win, i dont care if its a 94th minute deflected own goal backpass...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

This will be a bery hard game for Corl as Rovers are literally fighting for their survival at this stage after Friday nights loss. Cork also really need to win this as its their all important game in hand. Lose or draw this and I think it will come down to the last game of the season between Cork and Derry with Cork having to win to win the title. It will be very exciting stuff if thats the case.

I fancy this game to be a draw tbh with both teams needing to win so desperately. Expect a scrappy match with very little good football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Gee i never thought id say this :D but im hoping for a rovers win tonight. Im hoping dery win the league and shels get second place , just so i can see pat dolans grin and comment "i told you so" .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I never thought i'd say this but, Go on de rebels. cork win tonight would be a huge boost for the Deise boys. Waterford v Shams is gonna be some game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

This one should be on TV, not the Derry Pats one (avoid the whole row too).

It's absolutley huge for both teams. God how I wish both could lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I might just head along to this one... hmmm...

College vs eL, College vs eL, College vs eL, College vs eL...
    Rte Aertel wrote:
    Although John O'Flynn remains out with
    a groin strain, Cork have Denis Behan
    available again, following a ban, to
    give boss Damien Richardson options up
    front as they hope to regain the
    leadership of the Premier Division.

'I hate to see Rovers in the position
    they are in,' said Cork boss Damien
    Richardson. 'It breaks my heart, but
    I'll have to lay that aside for the 90
    minutes.'

With Gavin McDonnell banned, Rovers
    must rejig their defence. Roddy Collins
    must also wait on Ciaran Foley, skipper
    Trevor Molloy and Tony Sheridan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    College vs eL, College vs eL, College vs eL, College vs eL...

Going on past experiences there was only one winner.. that might explain why i failed three seperate courses... :)

Roar wrote:
    Going on past experiences there was only one winner.. that might explain why i failed three seperate courses... :)

Hehehe, I don't really think I can lose if I go tonight.

Rovers win and Shels have a better chance of 2nd place.

Cork win and Rovers are edged towards the "unthinkable".

A draw and both remain distinct possibilities.

Where will I sit though???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Tonight I put all notions of teams aside, and I want Rovers to win. I'm happy enough to say it, I want them to win - puts Shels in a better spot, which is what is important to me. For one night only I will be up for the Hoops. Seeing as I'll be in Tallaght, thats wise enough! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ill be stuck to ccfc.ie tonight for updates. HUGE game, unreal. I think City will win this though. Dalymount has been a happy hunting ground in recent seasons...Rovers have to come out and play...any team which have tried that against City this season have been beaten. Rovers are playing very poorly, and as City have genuine title credentials, this should be a handy 3 points.

However, those could be famous last words!!!

Simple as this, City win tonight, and win against Derry on the last day, City win the league, regardless of the Shels result.

City draw or lose tonight, and dont win against Shels - Derry beat Pats on saturday, Derry are champions.

City win tonight and friday, Derry lose to SPA, City are Champions on Saturday.

City lose all three games, and Shels win their last 2, Shels finsih 2nd, as they cannot now win the league anymore.

But if City dont pick up all three points tonights, its curtain IMO.

What a season eh!?!

The weather is AWFUL. Not gonna be anything as regards a spectacle tonight in rain and wind like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Roar wrote:
    an absolutely huge game for city tonight, a win is a must if they have genuine intentions of winning this league..

john o'flynn out again, stupid groin.. rico thinking about putting roy o'donovan back on the wing, and either wille bruton or denis behan up front with neal fenn..

rovers will be up for this big time...

i'm praying for a win, i dont care if its a 94th minute deflected own goal backpass...

Come on Cork!

0-1 City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeeeesssss.

Close to half time, good time to score. Roy O Donovan.

EDIT : HT now. City playing into heavy wind in the first half. Hopefully the wind will assist in the 2nd half. Long long loooooonnng way to go yet.

Being a football fan is definitely a form of insanity.

0-2 Joe Gamble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Go on the Cork beat the rovers scum :D

gimmick wrote:
    0-2 Joe Gamble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh happy days.

Lets hope the Blues can finish the job on Friday night!

Rovers down to 10.

?? Foley sent off.

Down to 9 men now Im told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

jonny68 wrote:
    Go on the Cork beat the rovers scum :D

that has to be a ban for the use of the s word i take offense as one of those "rovers"

can you belive i forgot it was this monday and didn't go? argh
    Soccer News
    MONDAY NOVEMBER 7
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION

Shamrock Rovers 0-2 Cork City 7.45
    Foley s/o 57 O'Donovan 41
    Kenny s/o 76 Gamble 54

care of aretel

full time, any directions to cobh?

Shels can not now catch Cork City. No matter what happens this weekend, Cork City will be still in the frame Friday 18th.

HUGE win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

blu_sonic wrote:
    that has to be a ban for the use of the s word i take offense as one of those "rovers"

can you belive i forgot it was this monday and didn't go? argh
    Soccer News
    MONDAY NOVEMBER 7
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION

Shamrock Rovers 0-2 Cork City 7.45
    Foley s/o 57 O'Donovan 41
    Kenny s/o 76 Gamble 54

care of aretel

catch yourself on i don't complain when someone slags my teams on here,can't you take a bit of slagging,why werent you at the game anyway :rolleyes:

gimmick wrote:
    Down to 9 men now Im told.

Will both those Rovers players be banned for Friday nights game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

KevIRL wrote:
    Will both those Rovers players be banned for Friday nights game?

Hopefully:D

deisedevil wrote:
    Hopefully:D

Just checked on another board, they will :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

CITY! CITY! CITY! CITY! CITY!
    :v: ...................................:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭radiospan

Huge sigh of relief from me tonight.

Thought City may have been shaking a bit at the end of the season, but this is a great win.

Is that 5 sendings off for the opposition in our last 3 games?

I've been looking forward to the 18th all week!

thank christ... that was a weight off my shoulders.. bring on derry at the cross!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

jonny68 wrote:
    catch yourself on i don't complain when someone slags my teams on here,can't you take a bit of slagging,

From the charter
    # Outbursts of personal abuse/racism etc, be it directed at other board members or at groups of fans or sports personalities people will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to edit/move/delete such posts as we see fit. Occasions of personal abuse against another board member will result in a one week ban. The basic rule is keeping it civil; you can have friendly banter without resorting to personal abuse.

# Scum is an abusive term, just in case you may have thought otherwise

Anyway, how does the EL relegation work again? (honestly can't remember)

Is it bottom two down automatically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Well, what a result for Cork City.

We can't catch them, even though our recent form has been tremendous, but as last season showed, decent results in the end part of the season does not a champion make.

One thing, any team that only concedes eighteen goals with two games left to play are more than deserving of the title, that is a great record, and Cork City have been by far and away the best team in the league this season. Not to put the mockers on them, or anything :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Anyway, how does the EL relegation work again? (honestly can't remember)

Is it bottom two down automatically?
    No, one up one down.

Then a play off between second last and second in Div 1, which looks like being Cobh Ramblers, or God forbid I ever see them back in the Premier, Continuity Home Farm.

seansouth wrote:
    or God forbid I ever see them back in the Premier, Continuity Home Farm.

now thats a horrible, horrible thought..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Cork deserved the win last night, but the ref was shocking. The 2 sendings off were straight reds for foul in the centre circle that warranted no more than yellow. This obviously killed the game. The Cork players looked embarrassed especially after the second one for Mark Kenny. Why do we have to put up with such sub standard officials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Well done Cork, but keep the celebrations at bay, even by not losing your last 2 games Derry can still win it! :)

Apparently the ref was appauling, and nearly sent a third Rovers player off before reconsidering. Shocking stuff.

Great result for Cork, hope we stuff you on Friday though! It will be a good game! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The referee was truly diabolical. Both sendings off were unwarranted, and the one Rover's player that should have been sent off wasn't. After his first two red cards off the 'referee' went to rightly book Doyle for a second time, had the card out and when he realised who it was, put it away.

Fair play to Cork though, they're the best team in the league and if there's any justice, they'll win it. Love to see them do it if only for Rico.

As for Rovers, it's not over yet and if the players (Murphy, Treacey and Rutherford excluded) can show a quarter of the passion the fans showed last night, we'll beat Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I must be the only one who thought the first sending off was totally justified. He got frustrated and went for the man imo, but I only saw it once on TV.

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote:
    I must be the only one who thought the first sending off was totally justified. He got frustrated and went for the man imo, but I only saw it once on TV.

I thought it was but I also only saw it once. Looked like a lunge to me.

jonny68 wrote:
    catch yourself on i don't complain when someone slags my teams on here,can't you take a bit of slagging,why werent you at the game anyway :rolleyes:

no because the use of the word "scum" is clearly defind in the charter, that is an abusive term, its not slagging, i've seen people banned for less. i don't mind being slagged god knows this season we've deserved it but your original post was
    jonny68 wrote:
    Go on the Cork beat the rovers scum biggrin.gif
    wheres the "bit of slagging" in that, its just out and out abuse, there isn't even a context to it.

i saw the match on el weekly, kenny was unlucky to be sent off it was a lunge but i think it was an honest attempt for to play the ball, fair play to the cork lad he didn't make a meal of it he seemed to not want to see beach sent off. i hope cork win the league come on the rebels!!
    i still think rovers will just make the 3rd last spot, and safety with it. next season will be a struggle too, a lot of the team don't seem to care any more, i question the movivation skills of the managment but with an €80k pay off for a sacking why would you get your team to play well?

who would you all have as your rivals if we dropped? lol. the rovers fans (the real ones) bring alot of colour and atmosphere to the games, but there is an element that don't and i accept that, although it seems to be creeping into more and more clubs. (bohs, shels, derry, pats) lets not let the hooligan element take our game away

Advertisement